Cap Space

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by DelawareTitan, Jul 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

True dat. I wouldn't mind keeping Hope if he took a major pay cut either but I don't see him willing to do that. Why would he?

2. Brew City

Brew City Case Race Champion

It's either that or he gets cut, then goes somewhere else with a pay cut. Why leave a guaranteed starting job.

3. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

I could be wrong, but I thought if you cut somebody there was still a portion of their salary that was counted against the cap. The so-called "dead cap space".

4. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I believe that's only if the cut happens after the new league year starts, i.e. during the season. Unless the money is guaranteed. That's why most players love signing bonuses.

5. Chapparal97

Chapparal97 Grumpy Old Fart

"Dead" cap money doesn't count in 2011. It applies in 2012

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. wplatham

Thanks for the info.

7. Chapparal97

It's still pretty darn confusing.......That's just what I read recently about dead money.

8. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

As soon as we signed Hasselbeck, I thought we were beginning a new logical, aggressive free agency style. Now, almost all of the top free agents are gone. Classic Titans.

We've got to start being more aggressive in cutting players and signing free agents. It makes no sense to have not already cut Hope and Gage.

Bud, you're about to die. Start spending money.

9. Chapparal97

RSB.....smart money is spent after all the big names are hired for inflated/stupid money.

Reinfeldt and the Titans have been very good at being smart. Vanden Bosch, Babin, Hope, Witherspoon, Ball are good examples of smart money.

10. wplatham

Who did we really miss on? I'd be willing to give you Ray Edwards, but outside of him there's no signing that really jumps out to me as something we should have done.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar