Cap Status

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by bored1, Mar 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bored1

bored1 The Colt killer

What Is Our Cap Status So Far? I Was Reading Somewhere That Even With The Restructure Of Mcnair And The Release Of Hopkins We Were Still Some 18million Over? Anyone Know? Im Sure You Do Starkiller?

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

In Reese's press conference yesterday, he said he wasn't 100% sure because of the questions concerning McNair's cap hit.

Here is a quote:
    "Yeah, I think we originally said we would be 8-10, or 10, and Kyle’s is four. Signing Kyle is $4 million. Take that away and that’s the numbers. Again, we’ve got some hidden money in there, and we know that. There’ll be some things that we’ll have to do between now and the signing of our first free agent, whoever that might be. But the key thing is that on the due date, we’re going to be in good shape, be under and be ready to go to work."

So I am guessing between $4 and $6 mil under.

3. I'm not sure what Olson's or Henry's contracts looks like now, so I don't have completely accurate numbers. But I'd guess we're somewhere around $6M under (minus McNair's eventual $1M bonus if you want to account for that now).

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

how much money would we have for FA minus McNairs $1 million and the rookie money pool.

5. Not much. They probably have about $2M to spend right now that isn't necessary some time later. But remember they could cut Sirmon and save $2.4M. Nickey's tender can be pulled to save over $700k.Bobby Wade can be cut to save $460k.

And McNair can save them money if they come to an agreement.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar