Cardale Jones

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by netnut, Jan 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. altitan

altitan Pro Bowler

Jones is 22, did he make an announcement? I must have missed it.

2. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I'm hearing FSU and Bama are in the mix for him.

3. VondyP

VondyP Undisputed 2QBeaver Champion

as an OSU fan I think that Braxton will likely transfer away, and Barrett will take over as starting QB once his ankle is injured, Cardale will either declare or ride the bench next season.

He's good, undoubtedly, but Barrett was so much better for Urban's system it'd be a shock to me if Barrett doesn't start.

Who knows what will really happen, though.

4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

I've read the FSU rumors too. I'd be all for it as it would cost them literally nothing, but I just don't think it's a great fit.

5. Dee

Dee Pro Bowler

I see it the other way around. I think JT sits next year, 12guage starts. In the 3 games he started, our offense took it to the next level.

It would make no sense for him to come back just to sit it out. He could ride the bench in the NFL and atleast make some money. He is 22, married, and has a kid(s). He said he was going to sit down and talk to Urban about the future.

JT can afford to sit out a year. He is only a freshman and has stated he will stay a Buckeye.

Either way, damn it's good to be a OSU fan!

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. 8and8

8and8 Starter

Miller is the only one who can transfer and start this year because he has already got his degree. Cardale and JT would have to sit a year if they transfer, I feel like people are forgetting this point.

7. 8and8

8and8 Starter

He's 22. He's a redshirt sophomore and was the same class as Mariota.

8. 8and8

8and8 Starter

I don't think anyone here is claiming he should be an NFL starter next year but are saying that he's got high ceiling potential.

I'd rather have him as a late rounder and let him ride the pine for a couple of years instead of wasting a top pick on Mariota or Winston.

9. 8and8

8and8 Starter

Did you watch the same 3 games I did?

He stood tall in the pocket under pressure on several occasions. He did it so much in his first two starts, ESPN did a breakdown of him facing down pressure.

He threw several good strikes 40+ yards without being able to step into the throws because of pressure. I'd say that's what of his strong suits.

10. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

The difference between Barrett and Jones is that Barrett can run the whole system. He can make all the reads for all of the plays. Jones can not. Now they got away with it for 3 1/2 games and one could argue if they could do that to Bama, they can do it to anyone. But Barrett is better right now. And frankly, Barrett was playing at a Heisman level. I don't see anyway you'd sit a Heisman candidate for Jones even if I think he's good enough to start there for sure. Heck, Oregon'd probably love to have him!!! Any of them!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar