Cardinals Interested in trading up for Watson

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Dangermode, Feb 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Broken Arrow

Broken Arrow Just a Fan....

But he'll save us a bunch of money on car insurance....

2. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Disregarding it doesn't get people on the same page as terminology goes, regardless of if you decide to box them all together.

Point is these are terms that get used and misunderstood for later round prospects. That 7th round is sure full of "sure things" and "HOF Potential"

3. PRAY IV M3RCY

PRAY IV M3RCY Pro Bowler

We really need the browns to fall in love with this guy too....

4. Clark

Reports are saying they'll be trading for Jimmy G

5. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

In general, us trading with the Cards to drop from 5-13 would mean one of two probably options.

Trade 1
    We Give
    1st round pick #5

We Get
    1st Round pick #13
    2nd Round pick #45
    4th Round pick #109
    6th Round pick #171

Optionally, we could take back their 5th round pick (#140) instead of their 6th and kick back our 7th round pick (pick 207).

We could forgo a 2nd this year for a first next year if you really want the first.

Another option would be...
    We Give
    1st round pick #5
    4th round pick #114
    5th round pick #147

We Get
    1st round pick #13
    2nd round pick #45
    2nd round pick in 2018

We'd still have 2 first round picks, a second and 2 thirds but not much else. We have the cap to fill in with some cheap vets to maximize the number of high end draft picks we'd get over the next 2 drafts! And then we'd feel like Cleveland does coming into this draft with 2 seconds!

6. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Question is, how adamant will the Pats be about wanting a Bradford type deal (1st and 4th)...better...or worse? If the Browns can give up their later 2nd and another mid to late round pick they probably make that move (not sure I would) but if they have to give up a first AND something for a really unproven QB? They may be asking for trouble as that would also put them out of the QB hunt for next year which should have some quality talent.

I'll be shocked if they give up a top 15 pick after what we saw happen with Osweiller! Remember, a rookie QB isn't expensive for 5 years. Garrappolo has 1 yr left on his contract so you can get him cheap for one year and then pay up after also giving up premium draft picks. That gets expensive fast!!!

Wonder if the Texans would make a play for him. Theoretically, they could jettison Osweiller, eat the cap for his deal this year while Grappolo is cheap and then sign him to a big deal (assuming he works out) and O'Brien certainly has Patriots connections!

Bills could also be a player if they decide Taylor is not long term answer!

So far, Jets, Browns, Bears, Bills, 49r's and Cards need a QB this year or very soon!!!

7. Clark

I'm not really getting into the trade terms, it's bad for business imo. I'd sit at 12 and take Watson if I were them. Regardless, folks with good track records of this stuff have been saying that's what they are hearing/Expecting.

Romo(being tied to the bills lately)
    Tyrod
    Jimmy G(Browns)
    1 Top 10 QB in the draft-
    Thats 4...
    49ers are likely to go after Cousins unless Washington pays up.

That leaves Jets/Bears and Cards. I think the cards would like Watson. He's likely to be available at 13. That puts The bears and jets on the clock and a landing place for Tyrod to be figured out.

8. Titansfan12

Titansfan12 Starter

That is what the Browns should do, but it's the Browns.

9. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

10. Danimal

Danimal Starter

Jimmy G is the same as Brock Asswiper, a back up quarter back on a very good team. There is not enough tape to prove his true value and he was hurt and didn't complete his four game assignment. Sounds exactly like a pick for the Browns.

Too often these players on "Great Teams" do not perform as well on regular teams. That is why I am leery of recruits from Alabama. I.E. Chance Wormack . . . . .

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
    • High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar