Cardinals screwing with Tyrann Mathieu, Honey Badger don't play that though

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, Apr 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

If they wanted to protect themselves then they shouldn't of drafted Mathieu in the 3rd. You can't have your cake and eat it to.

2. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

Thug =/= black person. You're the racist one lol moron.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Yes, you can, thank PacMan for that. I'll give you a chance to make millions playing a game, as long as you stay out of trouble! Sounds like a simple and fair agreement to me.

4. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

FO, he used a specific word in regards to a specific player who happened to be black. I didnt'. Words having meanings...he meant somthing.

5. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

At a high interest rate ;)

6. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

It is but you still have to give him a fair contract that is comparable to other 3rd rounds picks. For example lets assume the Mathieu stays away from pot the rest of his life but tears his ACL twice during the 1st and 2nd year of his contract. The lack of guaranteed money then becomes and issue because he no longer will be able to play football and I'm pretty sure the Cardinals are not going to keep him around just because he stays drug free.

The proper compromise is that Mathieu gets a normal NFL contract that is voidable by the team if he fails a drug test (similar to the Jags contract with Blackmon) that way he is still protected against injuries.

7. J Falk

J Falk Starter

wow...:whack:

8. J Falk

J Falk Starter

Since when is using the word "thug" racist. For years I've called the Bengals a team full of thugs. Not because they have a team full of black guys(if that were the case every NFL team would be a team full of "thugs"), but because it just so happens to be that the black guys that they draft are always the ones that drop in the draft because of character concerns.

I think SOMEONE here is probably racist...but it's not me or deuce

9. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

Perhaps you should examine your own motivations for using the word. All I suggested is dunce had a reason, wonder what it was?

10. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

Here's the thing man. Words have both an annotation and a connotation. The annotation is the actual meaning of the word, the connotation is an implied meaning of the word. So while the word thug does have a bit of a racial connotation it's annotation has absolutely nothing to do with race.

You can assume that the poster was using the word in a racial manner but you have to realize that considering the context (rest of his post) this assumption is not rooted in fact but more the feeling you got. Using the word thug when referring to black person is not automatically racist. The context the word is used means more than the connotation of the word. I didn't get that racist vibe at all personally.

And please people don't resort to calling Big TT racist, It's so stupid that people try to make pointing out racism seem just as bad as actual racism. Yes, I think he's off but he just pointed out something he found insensitive, he didn't do anything wrong.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar