Cardinals @ Titans OGT

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Nov 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

The Arizona Cardinals likely will be without their starting quarterback when they play the red-hot Tennessee Titans on Sunday, a team source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

NFC West blog

ESPN.com's Mike Sando writes about all things NFC West in his division blog.

• Blog network: NFL Nation

Kurt Warner woke up with a sore neck a week after sustaining a concussion in Arizona's 21-13 win over the St. Louis Rams.

The Cardinals are expected to turn to Matt Leinart under center.

Warner had practiced during the week and was expected to start after passing all of the required mental tests on Tuesday. However, Warner and Cardinals coach Ken Whisenhunt said during the week that they planned to be careful when it came to dealing with the head injury. Warner had tightness in his neck through the week.

Leinart went 10-of-14 for 74 yards after Warner left the Rams game late in the second quarter. The USC product, and former No. 1 pick, has played sparingly since being surpassed by Warner in Week 5 of the 2007 season.

The Cardinals are 8-3 on the season and have won six of their last seven games.

2. titansfan89

titansfan89 Starter

Texans fans said the same thing and look how that worked out for them :lol:

Easier said than done.

3. costarica2

costarica2 Banned forever

Come on guys is the NFC west even if warner plays we own this guys.

4. dbc5631

dbc5631 Starter

Hood, Lendale, Warner INACTIVE

LOL at Lendale, he'll be pouting for sure. He's almost done here.
    Hood fans...... :)
    Warner out is good news!!

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

Nice. With Warner out this is good news. I expect us to come after Leinart all day then. Let's get it on!

6. titansfan89

titansfan89 Starter

I dont understand why we'd sit Hood...but whatever, at least Kurt is out

7. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Same here. Hopefully we don't have any CB injuries today. And hopefully Harper doesn't get burned all day long.

8. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

We deactivate Hood on the first game that we play that has 3 great WR's? While our CB position is already poor and thin as it is? Someone please tell me theres a logical reason for this.

9. dbc5631

dbc5631 Starter

Because the nickel CB is Fuller. Hood would only see the field in a few Dime/Quarter type defenses. Maybe 3 to 5 times a game.

10. titansfan89

titansfan89 Starter

True but I really dont trust Harper right now...hopefully he can change my mind after this game, but Id be more comfortable knowing we could go to Hood if needed.

It is what it is, I like our chances.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar