Career Change for XO

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by XO, Jan 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. XO

XO Nevada Native

Finish high school or GED to have a chance.

No felony convictions

Pass a drug test

Pass a psych test

Pass physical test (joke)

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Some places are now requiring a 2-year degree to be a cop.

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

We are similar.

18, Written test to pass to weed out the 'tards who can't spell, do math etc (it's damn easy though), psych test, physical test (also easy but they keep changing it), panel interview (that's where I failed when I applied when I was 19) and then you're in and do your academy training for 8 months or a year or something.

4. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I can say you will not get hired if you have a GED.

I took the written test, and out of about 100 people, I think I scored the highest. It is a joke of a test. The physical eval is nothing as long as you have kept yourself in decent shape. I didn't do the PT test, but all the stuff is available online, atleast for Nashville.

Its everything between that is what gives people problems. They can be so picky now that even a speeding ticket might be the thing that keeps you from getting a call back from what I understand.

5. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I respect cops because the moment I had to be first responder to a fatal accident with kids or whatever, I'd quit on the spot.

Couldn't handle that.

But for the most part, they're dicks.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Especially your fellow Rutherford County cops.

I have never been pulled over anywhere in my life other than in the Boro (and I'm rarely ever in the Boro). Two times pulled over in my ~150k miles of driving and both had to result in massive tickets.

I HATE THE BORO.

7. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Yep. They charge insane amounts. The entire county is ridiculous when it comes to petty things like that.

8. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

I doubt your tags say Rutherford.

If they did you would not have that problem - Im not saying its right but I get the same in Davidson county.

9. XO

XO Nevada Native

Whew good thing most of my family stays in Williamson County.

Cops are pretty nice there lol.

10. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

My tags are actually Williamson, but trust me... it wouldn't have made a difference either way.

I deserved a warning on at least one of them. The second one was total BS. Speed trap. I was going 40 in a 40 which all the sudden dropped to a 35 which all the sudden dropped to a 30. Now, I definitely was aware of this, but I don't drive like a b*tch, so I keep going 40 no matter what. Anything under 40 is too slow. But as soon as it hits 30 MPH, I get pulled over. Douche cop says they've been getting complaints about people speeding down this street.

My question is what kind of an idiot complains about someone speeding? Obviously an old woman.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar