Carr Wants to Remain a Titan

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Jan 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Also he was consistent on his returns. His numbers weren't inflated by TD returns (which sucks in one way but proves he is consistent in another).

2. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Carr is a big reason why we were good this year. Having a consistent returner is important. He's no Asante Samuel as a DB, but he is tops in kick returning IMO.
    He is inexpensive, and a lot better than what we've had as a kick returner since Mason, on a team that historically has sucked at returns.

The Pacman curse is gone. Finnegan makes up for his CB play, and Carr does the returns. He doesn't get the TDs, but he's more valuable than Hester. Consistency matters, and Hester does NOT have that.

3. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Down!

Set!

Mediocrity!

4. cld12pk2go

cld12pk2go Starter

Agree on all counts. He would be an excellent sign for another 2-3 years at ~2mil a year. Over 3M/year and let him walk...

5. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I'm a big proponent of speed. It makes up for a lot of problems. If we wants a bigger role, I think his speed gives him a look see. But it should be limited like Mason was when he first started with the Titans. Keep in a few more plays and see how he does, but let him do what we know he does best, return kicks.

6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

he's not a guy who will hit a lot of home runs, but he definitely hits doubles consistently.

7. bgtitanfan

bgtitanfan Guest

I really want him to stay a titan. he is kinda like cortland with the speed and accelaration. I thinkk he will develop into a good CB. all he needs is time.

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

No we didn't. Carr was a RFA for the raiders. We made him an offer high enough over the tender to take him from the raiders. carr made $2M in 08.

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Not really he has already been in the league for 4 years. His value for us is increased if we don't keep fuller because carr will likely be the NB. Also our 2nd best KR guy is griffen who already starts at FS and covers punts.

Note that justin miller is a FA and a first rate KR guy who is a comparable CB. Miller could do KRs and we have hawkins for punts.

10. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

I'd like for Carr to sign here as well, but only as a return man.

Why does he want to start anyway? Did he forget the two defensive pass interference calls against the Bretts which contributed to that *** whoopin we received..

If he's gone, I wouldn't mind Justin Miller taking his place.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar