Carson Palmer

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by CRUDS, Oct 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I really don't think its that bad. Look at the Kolb trade... 2nd & DRC. So an early 2nd and 25yr old Pro-Bowl CB at the prime of his career.. for an unproven QB who's started >10 previous games.

Raiders will likely be drafting 20 range (I see playoffs for them). And there drafts normally suck anyways. They're getting the Vet QB they want that can lead their team for 3-5 years. Still a hefty price, but they didn't have a 2nd-5th pick and needed a QB.

2. Titaneers

Titaneers Ultimate Player

yeah... they'll need that vet for Pryor to work out X_X

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I find it hilarious that Mike Brown sent Carson Palmer to the one franchise that's as bad as the Bengals. He skipped Cincinnati for Cincinnati lol.

4. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

One would have to believe that the Raiders contacted Palmer and asked if he wanted to play for Oakland. Mike Brown just made the price, Palmer was the one who actually let the trade happen.

5. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

In his grave, Al Davis is saying

"Our future for Carson Palmer, huh?"

"What's his forty?"

• High Five High Five x 4
  6. memphis_raven

memphis_raven Starter

Funny how this worked out. Brown determined to stick it to Palmer and make him pay, then the Campbell injury just before the trading deadline and Oakland making an offer they can't refuse. Things just fell into place.

Palmer will have a solid running game to support him and he's always been good off play action. Will be interesting to watch

7. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I think the Bengals FO finally realized he was serious, better get something from him while he value just soared. Not to mention, that was a pretty good deal.

I honestly think the Bengals got the much better deal on this end.

8. Titaneers

Titaneers Ultimate Player

i respectfully disagree... i think it went something like this

**ring ring** Bengals pick up
    hello?
    yeah, hello, this is the raiders FO, as you may know, we're looking for a QB..... now, are you sure you won't trade palmer?
    yes, this is our stance, we're sticking with -
    how about a first round pick?
    .......make it two
    deal
    *click
    .....suckers

9. BeatADeadColt

BeatADeadColt Camp Fodder

As an avid NFL conspiracist theorist, I respectfully disagree with you sir.

I think this was the Bengals plan all along. They wouldn't have gotten anything close to this if they shopped him around in the offseason. Not that Carson Palmer magically got better in 5 months, but it's simple economics. Supply and demand. You're looking for a QB, the competition of other QBs in the market is going to drive Carson's price way down. Especially since you make a case that some of the available guys... Especially since there were so many QBs looking for a job this year.

But if you wait until the middle of season, history and common sense dictates that eventually somebody's gonna lose a QB and go into panic mode. Especially with the weird new "we don't need a backup theory". Seriously I remember when almost every team had two viable QBs that could start any game, that's gone completely out the window, somebody would get hurt and their team would go into panic mode.

That's exactly happened, and the Brownie BANKED!!!! off of it like a straight bo$$.

Plus his we won't trade him schtick probably made it even more likely that some team would call him desperately trying to seduce a trade. I bet they would've given him up for less. I mean it's stupid, yeah you don't wanna let players think they can dictate their own careers, but you wasted a 1st on the guy. You at least want to get something back for him.

10. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

its funny u say that, i see both of them on the rise as of now. not sure if they are real, but if they continue to develop they can be pretty good.

the thing i find funny is i cant believe they traded a first rounder for him, than a second rounder (which can become a first)...wtf is that....

i mean c'mon, with the new agreement, rookies are even more valuable now as they are for much cheaper (even when u draft at the top of the first). then when you throw in how much better NCAA has gotten at developing talent as a whole. only further compounded by how the nfl resembles the ncaa as it becomes far more passing oriented, which makes offensive/defensive players more ready...

no no....never would i do that. a trade like taht tells me Raider management thinks carson can still play at a VERY high level for at least 3/4 more years, while maintaining game managing skills for another 3/4 after that....ludacris

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar