Cary Williams: Nick Harper's future replacement?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, Jun 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

I don't think anyone is ready to crown him. Just because someone posted that Cortland thought Williams could have a breakout year, does not mean that people are ready to make their case for him to go to the Pro-bowl or even get most improved player of the year for the Titans.

No one knows what he is going to do, because like you said we've only seen him in his practice attire. Hopefully he does well enough in camp to be the 3rd guy on the outside. But jeez, let some people post with hopes of success for our players. I'm surprised you guys haven't gone and made "funny" nicknames for Williams to bash him cuz he was hurt all last year or w.e else you Mongolians can scrounge up.

2. MaxPayne

MaxPayne 1st Team

Cary Williams should have a great year as Figg did when he was behind pac - man...expect big things out of Cary..

-MaxPayne2k

3. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I hope so but there have been a number of times we seen talk like this before for guys who have never done anything. Heck, I remember Roby looking real solid the year he was cut. I'd just like to see a healthy Williams actually make a few plays before I get excited.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

I like the size and speed of williams but need to see it on the field and he needs to stay healthy. The guy it will not be is the cb we signed from the texans. Again I have high hopes for molton the kid from hawaii he is a baller and will hit! Does anybody know anything about the corner we got from rutgers in the draft?

5. MaxPayne

MaxPayne 1st Team

Agree Roby was a joke !!! lol hopefullly Cary Williams doesn't show up to be like him...we need a guy to step up and play big because Harper isn't getting any younger :evil:

=MaxPayne2k

6. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

The thread is about Williams being Harper's replacement.

7. Scoop

Scoop Practice Squad Thuggin'

Cary has got to prove he can stay healthy first...

The obvious plus is his size and speed, but we don't know anything about him as a player yet.

This is still way too early to call. And, as others have already stated, there is good competition for the last few DB spots this year. Faggins and Mouton are probably the only shoe-ins.

8. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I'm not too sure that Nick Harper is done just yet. If this eye surgery does help out, he should have a solid year. I know this Williams guy was hurt so he can't be labeled a bust yet. I'd like to see him turn into a great corner for us but if he doesn't then oh well.

As long as we don't get back in the business of giving up deep balls like it's goin out of style.

9. A.D.

A.D. It's (insert day of week here) & Colts still SUCK Staff

Here's the link to Perry's article on Cary Williams. Pretty good stuff.

10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

The fact that the Titans went into the 09 draft needing a CB and not really addressing it makes me believe Cary Williams is worth something to someone on the inside. Jason McCourty & Ryan Mouton were picked later but for depth. I can see Cary Williams doing good things for us this season, just look what the other guy named Kerry did.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar