casey mathews?!?!?!

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by QGP, May 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QGP

QGP MIKE HONCHO

why in the fourth round would we draft colin mcarthy if we have a chance at casey mathews ?!?!?!?!!?!?!!? seriously

2. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Because Colin McCarthy is a better player, duh..

If Casey wasn't a Matthews, I highly doubt he gets any hype.

We have Bruce on our coaching staff and even Bruce can't talk staff into drafting Casey.

3. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

Same reason why we didn't grab Gabbert, he wasn't the best fit.

4. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Casey is WAY better than McCarthy. We just like slow lumbering LBs for some reason.

Casey plays with fire- just like another Matthews does that just won a super bowl ring. His instincts are incredible and he's going after the ball the moment it's snapped. He's wild, and I wish we'd take a chance on a playmaker like that than always getting these "safe pick" nobodies that walk around doing a lot of nothing.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Made no sense to pass on Casey with all the ties to the Matthews family and the way Clay has performed.

You know you'd be getting a hard-working, dedicated, intelligent, and driven player in a Matthews, so why pass?

6. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Because they know something. Or, as said, he's not the right fit, or he doesn't want to be on the same team as Bruce and Kevin, or Three's A Crowd, or Bud made an exception with Bruce and Kevin already here (or maybe not yet) but drew the line. Who knows? Surely there's a reason. There's lots to choose.

7. Captain Munch

Captain Munch Camp Fodder

The reason is McCarthy is the better player. Casey has fire and the name, but sometimes the safe pick is the smart pick. There is no way that Casey Matthews is exponentially better that Colin McCarthy.

8. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

What a dumb reason to draft a player...Casey Matthews isn't good. Thats why we didn't pick him. You've probably never even seen him play.

You don't draft players based on their last name..

9. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

He IS good. He's really good.

Stop writing a guy off just because he's "another Matthews".

He plays EXACTLY like Clay. He may not be as good, but he's not near as far off as you'd try to make it seem.

10. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Uhhh I feel like you fail to use common sense more often than not. Obviously I don't think a player should be drafted solely on his relation to other great NFL players. Casey is good and will be better than any linebacker we have. On top of that look what family he's a part of. Just because I left out the fact that he's a good player, you can't make a simple connection. You're right, I've never seen the dude play!!! :rolleyes: Use your head, bud.

He wouldn't get as much hype if it weren't for his family name. That's true. That doesn't mean he's not a good player. He is. What do you think the chances Eli would've gone #1 if it weren't for his brother? How about 0%? It's not like Casey was being hailed as a first round prospect. This was the 4th round. No reason to pass on him. We'll regret it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar