Casey motivated by injuries a year ago

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Aug 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans Insider

Titans Insider Titans News

Jurrell Casey could write off his injuries in 2012 as bad luck, but he won’t do it.

Instead, the Titans defensive tackle used the string of ailments as motivation to get him in better shape for this season, one he hopes will be his best as a pro.

“If you go out there, and you’re not in shape, you’re going to get hurt,’’ he said. “This year I am going to make sure I am full go because I don’t want to have to deal with anything.’”

Casey, a third round pick out of USC in 2011, suffered an elbow injury in the preseason, which forced him to wear a bulky brace.

A few weeks later he injured a shoulder, and later an ankle.

Casey played through the injuries and had a productive season, finishing with 80 tackles and three sacks. He worked out most of this season in Nashville, and said he’s ready for the season.

“My big thing this year is making sure I take care of my body,’’ he said. “Last year I had a couple of injuries so this year it has been more treatment of the body and keeping everything good. Throughout camp I am going to keep icing and stretching and doing everything I can to make sure I have a full season.

“Now I am 100 percent and ready to roll.”

Share on Facebook

Posted In: League News, Team News

Source: Titans Insider

2. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

He was decent last year, let's just hope he can stay healthy.
    Our DTs has upside, now it's just time for them to step up and get to the next level.

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Im really excited by Casey and Martin, these two 300 pounders are a load and can move.

4. CalgaryTitansFan

CalgaryTitansFan Pro Bowler

Damn this is good to hear. A good DLine will make a big difference.

5. Brew City

Brew City Case Race Champion

Ankle, shoulder, and elbow make it difficult to push the pocket and he still did a pretty good job of it. Excited to see him fully healthy to help out Morgan and Wimbley.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar