Casey rips Henry for not showing up to Voluntary Workouts

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Gridiron Gun, Apr 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nytitaner

nytitaner Starter

Speaking to media a bit bitchy, peer pressure him by phone or in person.

2. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

I like a little fire to kick it off...This will blow over...Nothing to see here, move along. Lol

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Maybe he did that too?

4. nytitaner

nytitaner Starter

Doubt that but if he did that means the convo probably didn't go too well and then going to media would make things twice as petty.

5. titantrusince82

titantrusince82 I'm down with the Titans for better or worse

Nothing for nothing, he has two/three more weeks before the Semester is over. He could have emailed his assignments to his professors. I am all for education, but it's not like he is "really in class" and "doing the assignments"
    He is probably doing the Mularkey (getting his face rode) by some college girl(s).
    I have to be that guy but I bet if he was the projected starter, he'd be in camp.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. cozmicfool

cozmicfool Starter

I don't agree with this, Henry is a young player who got limited playing time last year. With the team trying to actually come together, it's about having the mindset to take every opportunity to get better. Maybe even make a push to push an aging Murray and not settle for second because your playing behind Murray. In order to be successful in the NFL he has to have that edge. Talent alone will only take you but so far in this league with the current generation of players. So in my mind, I think Casey, a vet who is trying to help set the tone of the team and lead is doing the right thing. He should have called him out for not being there. Regardless if he actually shows up or not. That's part of Casey's roll as a leader.

7. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Ah yes, I remember those "voluntary" workouts in high school. Though legally they couldn't be mandatory, if you didn't show up to every one, you were benched. They should just call it like it is.

8. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

I'm sure it's been mentioned but Casey was speaking in generalities, not specifically about Henry. This is an example of sports media making a leap and creating a click bait headline.

The only thing I see that Henry did wrong was not letting Mularkey know he wouldn't be there because he's in school. That's an easy answer for Mularkey to give at a press conference when asked and a perfect excuse to miss.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  9. nytitaner

nytitaner Starter

I agree but it was more than click bait, NFL Live did a segment on it. Until then I thought nothing of it.

10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

you didnt let them finish!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar