Casserly resigns as general manager of Texans

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by NewsGrabber, May 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NewsGrabber

NewsGrabber Guest

Houston Texans general manager Charley Casserly
    resigned Wednesday, ending months of speculation that intensified
    in recent weeks after the team used the No. 1 pick to draft
    defensive end Mario Williams. ...more

[​IMG]

2. Brian

Brian Big Fan

3. Its obvious he resigned because they picked bust Williams instead of Bushy Bush

4. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

LazyMan... do you like proposition bets?
    What do you want to bet this thread is in samck within 36 hours?
    Here... I'll give it a little nudge...

[​IMG]

:toast:

5. tyrant539

tyrant539 Guest

DoH!!! where's Overalls?

6. I'm gonna miss Casserly. Now the Texans might actually get better, dammit!

7. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

I heard Bush broke his leg at the OTA. Any truth in this?

8. A.D.

A.D. It's (insert day of week here) & Colts still SUCK Staff

I'll miss him after all he's done for us. It's almost like losing a friend of the family. :cry:

9. Casserly was only kept around through the draft. He knew he was gone when they brought Dan Reeves in to evaluate the team last year.

He had already done the draft prep for this year, so they weren't going to fire him prior to that. But I can guarantee you that McNair and/or Kubiak made the call on who to draft.

10. FILOgirl

FILOgirl Guest

Skeered? Thought so.

Cass should have gotten his pink slip in January. While it is being said he 'resigned', well...it is easier to get the NFL to actually accept some of the...um...positive spin (I am gagging here) that McNair would have to give to get CC out of our hair (this is my theory on the whole thing). I was not a fan of Cass, can ya tell?

Kind of like that employee you can't wait to get rid of, but you have to say some glowing praise to get him out, comprendez?

'Tis a great day in Houston. Let the Kubiak era begin!!!

...and yes, Kubiak called this draft.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar