Casserly resigns as general manager of Texans

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by NewsGrabber, May 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nigel

nigel Back on the bus

He was a goner long before they took Williams over Bush.

2. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

I'm sorry but Dan Reeves is anthrax to the cows...
    Ok... he did alot of good things in Denver for a long time...
    put please... Atlanta tossed him as HC... He may have a world of experience and playoff wins, but he's going to run that place even further into the ground. Kubiac or whoever... not sure how his name is spelled... I've seen stuff on TV about him... he's going to be the new HC... taking over for Capers? yeah... he worries me a bit... especially since I have this sense of admiration for Denver... I really think Denver is a class organization... matter of fact they are my pick to win the AFC... I see Denver winning the Super Bowl over a very good Dallas team... Dallas will eliminate the S-Hawks in the NFC championship game... just a hunch... sorry for the ramble....

Houston made the wrong pick... just don't tell RollTide that Ghostz.:winker:

3. Michi40

Michi40 Lost bullet

But... this is really BAD NEWS!
    :cry: :wall:

4. Uh... Bipolar... Dan Reeves isn't with the Texans now...

5. nigel

nigel Back on the bus

Casserly didnt make that call. Bob McNair and Gary Kubiak did. There is no way you let a GM make that call when it was common knowledge that he was about to be, uh, "resigned."

6. Brian

Brian Big Fan

Paul Tagliabue took Reggie Bush off the table to save the Saints franchise.

7. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

now as much as I love a good conspiracy theory - Code Blue - I don't buy into this one.

I heard a credible report on the raido that the cows had serious contract dealings with Bush, but he priced himself out of being 1.1

8. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Kubiak would NO WAY have chosen Mario Williams over Bush!

I think Casserly did make that call. They drafted need over talent although if you believe guys like Mort, at least half the teams in the draft had Williams as the best player in the draft.

The problem with Williams is he doesn't have a high motor and needs to be pushed. NO WAY should you need to motivate a top 5 pick in the draft...let alone a #1 overall. While Williams has freakish talent and size/speed combo, Bush is by far the better football player and will be if he doesn't get hurt.

Plus, you don't draft a DE to be a monster in a 3-4 D! Williams will not get 10+ sacks every year and will be labeled a bust no matter how well he plays. Meanwhile, Bush will be electric!

But you can see why they chose Williams. There D is a disaster and they already have a franchise QB and a good RB. Adding a powerhouse DL seemed to add more to their team than the increase of Bush of DD. So understand the move...

I just would have never made that move! They should have traded down getting 2 picks in the first rd and an additional pick in rd 2 or 3...then they could have really beefed up the D and possibly gotten a LT too. Or if they couldn't get that much, just take the best player...Bush!!!

Gut

9. Tuckfro42

Tuckfro42 Frozen Donkey Wheel

Easy there Gut...
    Kubiak's mentor is Shannahan. How many running backs has Shannahan taken in the first round? NONE!
    Kubiak is bringing the Denver philosophy (doesn't matter who the RB is) of running the ball to Houston. With Casserly out of the picture, Kubiak is free to make the football decisions, ie. Shannahan in Denver.
    Given the history and philosophy, there is NO WAY that Kubiak would have chosen any RB in the first round.

10. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

Didn't I hear they were switching to a 4-3?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar