Cat Bite

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Alex1939, Apr 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Like I said, he's been coming around for 6 months, spends most nights in the garage, uses a litterbox, so basically I've already adopted him, just been too lazy to take him to the vet.

I also live on decent acreage. Due to new home construction in my area over the last 2 years, I see a lot of outdoor critters around. Raccoons are a constant. I was seeing Deer in the yard almost every night but they've disappeared for around 6 weeks now. Have at least two geese nest in the back right now.

It's a regular jungle. I try to promote harmony amongst the outdoor critters.

2. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

I wouldn't worry about it. It your hand turns red, or if you get a fever, or if your lymph nodes swell I would see a DR.
    If not, forget it.

3. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

CAT SCRATCH FEVER is a very real thing.. I had it as a kid and it sucked.
    Cats root around in litter boxes etc and get the doo doo in their claws.
    I spent two weeks with glands in my neck swollen up like rocks and could barely get out my own way I was so tired. Heavy duty antibiotics were needed..
    Not sure if they can give it to you thru a bite though

4. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Cat scratch fever is just from getting scratched. If you're not having any symptoms out of the ordinary, don't run to a Dr.

5. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Cat saliva is not the greatest thing in the world though either. Deadly to birds and the cause of mass cat allergies in people.. Plus cats lick their ani..

6. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

It's official, now you know it, your a dawg.

7. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

A couple my parents knew, their daughter was scratched, got cat scratch fever, lost her memory and has alot of problems still

8. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Guess that's when the zombie fascination began.You owe it all to cats.
    :grrhee:

9. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Here's an example of a younger Avvie being a real dumazz...

A dog cornered a cat up a tree... I tried to get the dog away, scolding it, whatever...The cat wouldn't come down, so I went up the tree after it. He was fine coming down until the dog came back barking like all getout, so the cat ripped me to shreds and bit through my hand in that web between the fingers and thumb. I was like putting my face in a Cuisinart set to frappe. I was out of work for over a week, unable to move my hands and face all swollen.
    I love cats now, much more than I did then, but I treat them the same way I would a table saw with a shorted power switch.

10. Manowar2009

Manowar2009 Camp Fodder

About three yrs ago my big Persian cat went missing. She was a very affectionate indoor cat, but loved to lie out on the deck. One day she went missing. We figured she finally got brave enough to jump the fence and go exploring in the woods. She didn't come home for 3 days. We found her laying in the yard moaning in pain. Something had messed her up. She had been wounded in the belly, but it was hard to tell how badly with all the dried blood, hair, and yes...maggots. She had lain wounded in the woods for 3 days and flies had laid eggs. I was freaked out and wanted to wash her off. As my wife ran to call the vet, I brought her inside to try and clean her up. What attacked me that day was not my cat anymore, it was Satan. Now I had been bitten by cats before, but this was brutal. She growled like a demon and sunk her teeth dam near through my hand. I jumped up, and she was still attached. Blood was squirting all over. I pulled her off my hand only to have her lunge and re-sink her fangs in again. She was out of her mind! We had to have her put down that night. They also had to remove her head and take a brain sample. This was to make sure she didn't have rabies from the animal that attacked her. Long story, but my hand blew up like a balloon. Heavy antibiotics did the trick. Don't mess with cat bites.

• High Five High Five x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar