Cat Bite

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Alex1939, Apr 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

epic 3rd career post

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

So what have we learned today folks?
    Common sense should tell anyone to not reach out and try to touch, grab or pick up a wounded cat, dog or <insert any> wounded animal.
    If you absolutely have to pick up a wounded animal, put work gloves on and be prepared to manhandle it to the point where you disallow it to kick, scratch or bite you.
    Wounded animals are not in their normal state of mind, and anyone to them who approaches them, is out to get them and they will defend themselves accordingly.

3. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Manowar that was one awesome post!

My hand looks fine. It feels bruised and is annoying since it's the palm of my right hand which has made simple things like washing my hair, cooking, swinging a golf club difficult. The only thing that made me a little nervous yesterday, where I was scratched on my arm, it looked a little red and like a rash. But that's gone now too.

I'll probably go to the doctor anyway. Probably. :ha: I figure I could use a thorough physical sometime in the future so I need to find a doctor I like. I'm approaching 30.

And my cat has acted so sad like he knew he did something wrong. And yeah, I should've known better than to pick him up right after I heard him making fighting noises. I just wanted to get him into the garage because if he ran off then he would get in a fight and come back bloody an hour or so later.

One other question, if anyone knows, will the doctor or vet have to report the bite, and if so what are the consequences to the cat? I read something online about the vet potentially keeping him under observation for 10 days. I don't want to pay for that.

4. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

woah

5. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Since you're not having serious ill-effects, you should go have a complete physical if you haven't had one in a while, but don't mention the bite, if anything is wrong with you they will find it during by doing the physical anyway.

People go to the Dr too much and put too much faith in them. Have a yearly exam, treat yourself for common ailments, and stay away from the corporate medical machine as much as possible.

6. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

sorry for your loss
    but was was the diagnosis ?

7. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

just drinks lots of alcohol

8. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

http://www.thecatsite.com/general/catbites.html

hey Alex, since you mentioned you read online somewhere about the vet you probably came across this already. It was high on the results list on google for the query "cat bite".

I agree with Hoffa and I wouldn't over react because "medicine" is always costly and sometimes useless.

note how much it bled. Hopefully it was a real bleeder. The link says that it is good for it to bleed. Of course they recommend seeing a doctor but I would wait and see... maybe even pray. I'd wager the simplest prayer over the matter would do more for it than a doctors visit and not only that, it's free of charge and might actually make you feel better about it.

that's just what i would do though. :winker:

ps- but seriously, at the first sign of infection get your :grrr::grrr::grrr: to a Doctor!!!

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I honestly agree. Part of the reason I haven't been to a doctor in 8 years. My family has always been kind of anti-doctor, and my dad was allergic to everything. I'm allergic to Penicillin myself.

I have that covered on a regular basis. :yes:

By the time I got the cat inside I had blood trickling down my arm, so I think that was good. When I tended the wound I pulled the skin back, probably opening the wound further when I put the Hydrogen Peroxide on it. SO I think that's good heh.

Yeah, If anything strange happens I wont mess around and I'll go deal with a doctor. Wouldn't hurt for me to go anyway, I think.

10. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

soak it in epson salts. that couldn't hurt.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar