CB did us good

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Bobo, Dec 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Glad to see Chris break off some long runs again. Looks like the burst of old. Change of pace and sharing time just may be his thing. Now watch him go to Denver next year and rush for 2,000 yards :ha:

2. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Guest

does anyone else think that brown would of had as much sucsess as henry has been having if he would of still been starting with the revamped OL?

3. Bobo

Bobo Guest

I think that's a tough question. It became popular to bash CB, and forget the flashes he'd shown. He surely will look better now behind this line.

To me, Travis still earns the starting job. He's a more proven back. The ironic thing is, if both are healthy, they should be good compliments to each other (with decent blocking provided, which was not the case last year)....but we drafted Lendale this year....so the future is very up in the air.

4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

chris did exactly what he always does, rip off a few big runs. he is not a feature back. he never will be. he cant handle the load.

he can be a very good third down back though. i like his ability on screens and pass protection.

5. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Yeah it seems like giving him maybe 25% of the duty and TH the rest would be ideal. We want to pound it, that's what TH does.

6. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Less we not forget, Travis has a disease, and it could rear it's ugly head at any moment. He has produced and I'm on board. Love what he has done for us this year. It has been somewhat remarkable. However, he has more history with a problem than Chris Brown, and what he has, is more likely to happen again than Chris Brown getting hurt. It's just the truth. Lendale has to be ready to go.

7. DeutschTitan

DeutschTitan Camp Fodder

Disease..problem? You mean him lighting a dubie once in a while? As long as he doesn't get caught, I'm not complaining...although they're probably doing random screens on him now since he got caught. I think he's realized it isnt worth it.

8. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Disease? Ew....I kinda don't want to go off topic, but I hate that term. My cousin has a little boy dieing of a disease right now. What Travis did is just stupidity. They are nothing alike.

Disease makes it sound like it's something out of his control. But it's totally in his control, and he'll have to stay clean on his own.

I hope we keep him and he stays clean.

9. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

We have no idea what the violation was. It could have been any number of things. No need to assume that he has a drug problem.

I like Henry better because he plays hard. He breaks tackles and makes guys miss. Brown has a great burst, and if there's a hole he'll slip through it. However, if someone gets a hand on him, he's going down.

10. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

he was suspended for violating the leagues substance abuse policy. that would be drugs since he has no history of DUIs

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar