CB did us good

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Bobo, Dec 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I have to wonder... can Garrett Wolfe be that kind of find? Or will he go way too early despite his size?

2. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Guest

Adrian Peeeeeterrrsonnnnnnnn :yes:

3. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

Why are we so unwilling to give Lendale White a chance, when he has carried the ball , hes been affective, and as for Chris Brown, hes garbage, he runs upright gets popped and is soft, get a pounder like LW, who reminds me or a mix of Henry and the good ol Eddie George, I really think LW can be a top 10 rb in this leauge

4. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I'm no Chris Brown fan, but that's going a little far. He isn't garbage, he's got speed and talent, I just don't like his style. White hasn't really shown ANYTHING. He's had a few good runs, but he hasn't shown he's better than brown, and certainly hasn't shown anything to make us believe he's a top ten RB.

5. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

I said he can be a top rb, youre right hes had a couple good runs, but you cant say when he has ran that he wasnt effective. i think in order to resolve this, the titans will have to sstart giving white more touches

6. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Lendale has as many credentials VY, look 'em up. He can be a top 10 rb.

7. Bobo

Bobo Guest

I don't think Chris is a homerun hitter. In baseball terms, I'd say he hits a lot of doubles and triples. He does not have elite top end speed. He's been caught from behind on many occasions. He's busted a lot of medium yardage runs, but he hasn't busted a lot of runs that went all the way. A true homerun hitter is a guy like LT, Tiki, Bush, Norwood, or Tatum Bell.

I'm still a little uneasy about Lendale. Never carried the load in college, now getting hurt a lot. Seems like a theme with our backs. I don't think he breaks as many tackles as TH, but may have a little better burst.

TH won't break many long runs, he'll just continue to brush people off of him. Then there are his suspension issues.

As good as our running game has looked, the future still is a big question mark :irked:

8. Pit Bull #53

Pit Bull #53 Guest

I agree with you completely. You mentioned Garrett Wolfe, but another guy to look at in the mid rounds is Lorenzo Booker out of FSU. He has a little better size than Wolfe, but I fully expect him to go higher in the draft.

9. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

If we are assuming it would cost us two wins, then that's downside enough. I understand that we'd be in a better draft spot, but I wouldn't substitute any wins for draft position. We're not the Texans, we play to win. All 3 of our backs are potential starters and we got them all on the cheap this year.

10. Titansfan10

Titansfan10 Camp Fodder

Out of curiousity...what if we attempt to resign brown? I don't really know what to think, this whole thing is pretty confusing because Lendale hasnt shown anything and we need two quality running backs and sure Brown gets hurt but hes still a quality backup for that matter...why not try to keep him?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar