CB did us good

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Bobo, Dec 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Read above posts.

2. bongo59

bongo59 Starter

i like Leonard from RU for this role.................

3. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

C. Brown playing for $$$

C. Brown will not be back with the Titans next year I would say. He has the chance of finishing strong and setting himself up to have a nice payday if he plays well the last 3 weeks. A lot of teams (Titans included) have a lot of $$$ so it is going to be a good year for FA if you are a player. Teams with $$$ will throw "stupid" baseball money at guys and brown could get his share but he needs to produce. If not he may well be out of the league. Hope your reading this Chris, take your shot and good luck.

4. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Only problem for Brown is there are alot of solid backs available in FA and in the draft and not that many #1 spots available.

Actually if for some reason we decided to not keep Henry (stupid IMO to not keep him) I wouldn't mind having Brown back with White but that won't happen.

5. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

C. Brown is a different type of back and would require being used in that manner. The best fit for him would be Denver's system, since it appears that your grandmother could gain 1000 yards in that system.

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

my grandmother hates all things american. I don't think she'd be too keen to run behind the Denver O-Line.

7. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Br...

I'm saying worse case scenario it could have cost us 2 wins. Maybe it cost us nothing. Maybe Brown/White would have gotten us more wins.

But worse case scenario, it still helps us in the big picture...which is rebuilding this team to be dominant again to have a shot at the SB. The long term goal is NOT .500.

Understand that I'm not saying we should tank games to get a better pick. No! You play hard and you play to win! This is important for players to learn HOW to win on the field. But personel-wise, the players and draft picks are commodities Reese likes to give away for free...which HURTS this team badly and the main reason we're in this mess in the first place...that and mismanaging the cap....but that's another story.

Gut

8. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Well...

I'd like to grab a guy like this in rnd 5. Wolfe would be perfect as a 3rd down scat back ONLY because VY can get himself out of trouble. Normally I don't like RB's who can't pickup the blitz....but he'd definitely be one to consider.

His skills are good enough to go much higher but he has limited use in the NFL due to his size. I think he'll go in rnd 5.

Leonard is another good player I'd consider but I have a feeling he'll MUCH earlier. He's the other end of the spectrum and more like the player Fisher likes. He can bang, catch, run, and block well. He also is big...like 6'1, 240lbs.

He's a bit like Alstott...not as strong, but might be a better blocker. Someone will probably grab him in rnd 3 or earlier. I think we have bigger needs for our first day picks.

Another thing to consider would be to just use Hall. He sure can block, catch and he's got a good motor for his size. Worst case anyway!

Gut

9. Henry's contract calls for him to get an $8M bonus this offseason. I can't see paying him that to keep him. But maybe they can work out some other deal.

10. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

if u remember travis when played last yr struggled also as did brown...the both did...which means taht it was an oline problem...they didnt open any holes..there is a big difference this yr

with mawae, bell, stewart and roos...no only one but all three of tem are playin really well i read on fox...tthat the "unhearald stars" of the teams "surge" were roos and stewart and its true they ahve both done verry well..and we all see what ahmard hall does as a blocker...very very good...brown didnt have any of that this yr and when he did he ran for like 15 yards per touch...so i would def like to see him play for more...really i would.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar