CB did us good

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Bobo, Dec 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

LW has been nicked almost the entire year despite not hardly getting to carry the ball (he has 53 rushes this season). He has had a hip, stomach, ankle, hammy (not sure if that is all of them) and remember he came in hurt. Even though he shows promise when he carries the ball IMO he hasn't even proven he is more durable than Brown and could stay healthy long enough to run for over 1000 yards which Brown has done. Saying LW is a top 10 RB in the league is laughable. Now if he gets his body fat down to less than 30% and builds himself up a little maybe he can have the endurance and reliability to actually carry the ball 20+ times. Look at Henry's build and how much work he put in during the offseason. Henry is solid muscle and as quick and fast as he has been his whole career. When LW works that hard in the off season he will be good.

2. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Wow!!!

An $8m bonus? NO WAY THAT happens...which puts us in a delicate conundrum.

Henry's the most reliable, but may not be the best of the 3 backs. White might have the most upside, but has been LESS durable than Brown so far.

And Brown has good talent, speed and blocking ability, but he's not been healthy for a full season.

Anyone else thinking what I'm thinking? White had better get healthy in a hurry and get at least 2 starts before the season ends so we can see how he handles 50 carries in 2 weeks. If he can't handle that load, we need a feature back...Henry, Brown, or plan C?

Plan C is RB by committee (keep Brown if he's cheaper) and draft/pickup another RB. Between that 3 headed monster and Hall, we should be fine depth-wise. The alternative (plan D) is to draft another RB high. I don't like this cause that would mean we've blown 2 good picks (a 2nd and a 3rd) on backup players.

Right now I'm thinking get White the work and see what he does with it (since I'm pretty sure that is the concept the Titans had when drafting him...make him the starter next year). Try to keep Brown or Henry at moderate or discount prices. Both should want starter money so they'll have the opportunity to go elsewhere. If that doesn't work out, I'd love to keep one of them (Brown is my preference for his speed and blocking). Then add a Wolfe or someone like him in the draft or a cheap vet free agent.

As if our QB wasn't messy enough going into this season, we could have a similar mess heading into free agency....UGH!

Gut

3. My preference would be White, a rookie scatback, and some capable vet #3 (or another rookie?).

But that also depends on White. If the Titans don't feel he can handle the bulk of the carries (not necessarily as the feature back), then that plan goes out the window.

4. Titansfan10

Titansfan10 Camp Fodder

i just want to keep brown but thats wont happen im just a brown fan i guess i like his style and think that him and henry could be a great combination

5. bongo59

bongo59 Starter

Leonard aint going in 5. He is a first day lock now................

6. Pit Bull #53

Pit Bull #53 Guest

IMO, we need a guy with more wiggle than Leonard has. Like Starkiller said, more of a scatback type to along with the tougher runners that we already have. I think someone that can make people miss in the open field and has great speed. Actually, I thought we were going to draft someone like this in the later rounds last year, but we ended up going with Ganther, which didn't make much sense to me at the time.

7. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

They better work something out with Henry or we are in deep doo doo next year. Brown is going to want out no matter what and I don't blame him. White can't get through a tough practice without getting hurt. Henry has proven he is deserving of the #1 role and with our CAP space we need to work out deal. RB on this team is one of the most important postions on the team and we need two quality backs and I have very little confidence in White being able to carry the load when he can't stay healthy just getting a couple of carries a game.

8. Henry's age and drug history are working against him. And it's not like he played well last year while he wasn't suspended.

I'm hoping we get to see a lot from LenDale the rest of the season, enough to evaluate him.

As for the cap space, I think they can find a better use for $8M than Henry if White looks like what we should expect.

9. Bobo

Bobo Guest

SK, what would his play last year tell you? I think his weight hurt him some last year, and the line did as well. Now he's proven he's the same back he was at Buffalo.

10. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Those wanting to see Brown in a Titans uniform had just better hope to get to see him these next three games, cause that will be the end of it.

Henry is tougher to figure. If I had to guess, I would say they could restructure him to a new 3-year deal, because I'd say there could be a good chance he'll get the bulk of the carries again next year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar