CB in the draft worth 2nd-3rd round picks

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by FLTitansfan, Jan 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Zib is ok he might be better suited as a LB because of his strength and toughness. Could be an Urlacher who played saftey at New Mexico and switched to LB once in the NFL. While saying that I'm not saying he's going to be Urlacher just making a comparison.

I wouldn't mind Meriweather one bit if he cleans his act up and stays out of trouble. But if Landry or Nelson is there I don't think we can pass on them.

I just want us to take the BPA because our needs like S, DE, DT, WR, and so forth are deep so take the best one at one of those positions.

2. Tez

Tez Camp Fodder

Ross is a Safety, and 2nd round at best

Blalock's stock is dropping and will likely be out of the 1st, except for maybe the Ravens or late late 1st

I wish Griff would stick until the 2nd and the Titans could nab him :yes:

3. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill Camp Fodder

No Ross is not a safety, the quote you are thinking of is when he was compared to a safety in the why he hits, Ross is a corner all the way.

Every coach and scout in the senior bowl said Ross was the best corner there, bar none.

Blalock is a guard and is the #1 guard in the draft, where that gets him is unknown but he is what he is. Guards tend to be less valued in the draft than tackles but I still see him going in the 1st round.

I see Texas having 3 guys taken in the 1st and Crowder taken in the early 2nd.

4. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

You know, 2 years ago I wanted to see him get even better and end up a titan some day, but he had an off year. Probably due to playing with a horrible defense, and having zero help.
    He constantly makes plays. Always stripping the ball from people, intercepting, and he's a good return man too.
    I think he'll be a sleeper that ends up being huge in the league. He's like Kyle Vanden Bosch playing Safety.

5. Tez

Tez Camp Fodder

:ha: where do you get your info? the Austin Tribune? Take off the brown shades man

Ross = S in the NFL

Blalock = Power G with average power

Grubbs is hands down the #1 guard in this class

6. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Come again? Pretty much everybody has Blalock as the clear cut #1 G this year

7. blalock is much more popular as the #1 than grubbs is

8. Tez

Tez Camp Fodder

Blalock was continually outplayed by Grubbs in Mobile. I'm not sure how they will end up but as of right now Grubbs is ahead of him and Blalock is out of the 1st.

Blalock reportedly got beat bad in 1-on-1 drills

9. Ctex

Ctex Guest

Ross at safety may depend on his combine numbers and where he goes. I think he gets his chance at CB.

10. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Well...

A team may try Blaylock at RT but after Mobile virtually everyone agrees he's pretty much gonna end up at OG. So Blaylock could get drafted as a RT (the thinking being if he makes it there great and if he doesn't, he'll still be a good OG). But Grubbs and Blaylock are different types of OG's. Blaylock is the big mauler guy (like 335) and fairly nimble for a big guy, but Grubbs is probably more athletic and has more experience pulling. Grubbs also was better at getting to the second level as a OG. Blaylock did that well playing RT, but not as good when he moved to OG.

Most likely Blaylock goes first because if a team thinks he can play RT, he could go first rnd. If not, it's a crap shoot as to which one goes first.

Why do you think Ross is a safety? He's the classic gambler at CB and a dangerous punt returner and a usually solid tackler. At about 190lbs he's a bit light for S but he'll certainly get a look at CB first. Considering he's played well for the most part, won the Thorpe award and did well in Mobile, he's got a good chance to go in rnd 1 or rnd 2 at the latest unless he times unusually slow.

Gut

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar