CB or WR at 19?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by formerphinfan, Apr 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BigRed3

BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

I think he was probably saving himself. Didn't want to get hurt, so he didn't go "all out". I hope he's happy with his decision, because he cost himself millions of dollars.

2. yea, same with leinart comming out a year late... well except there ended up being a better qb to be taken haha

3. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

I don't buy him saving himself. Why not just come out last year instead? That way your stock doesn't go down, you still have no chance to get hurt, and you are immediately making cash. It doesn't add up. My guess is increased attention and less drive to prove himself were culprits. Still, his pressures were pretty high. It looks like, from the stats, that he still had a pretty decent season.

4. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

My scenario is we make the trade with SD and swap 1st rounders and give them maybe our second 4th for Turner. At 30 we take Moss, Woodly or Spencer. In the second round we consider DT, WR or CB depending on the BPA. If Harrell is there he is our pick.
    Third round is a great round for either RB with a few WRs or CBs. I could see both Irons brothers being there, maybe Pittman or Bush (Booker is a possibility as well). Third round is a great RB round for value.
    With the draft strong with WRs I see us going for a couple 4th round on. A guy like Mike Walker has as good of a chance making it as most of the early guys IMO.

So I'm not sure CB or WR are going to be our pick at #19.

5. DeutschTitan

DeutschTitan Camp Fodder

I think that article in the tennessean yesterday was good, the one with the five tips on how to draft? It made some really good points based on our history. Honestly said, WR and CB are a need, but are deep enough to be had after the first. Also, who said we can't move up a few spots to grab a DE we like? Perhaps if Anderson fell like some Mocks predict, then I can absolutely see us moving up 3 spots to grab him. What I don't agree with however, is the selection of Ginn. The guy is still recovering from an injury and the justification people give for us selecting him is that he'll be an imidiate impact. How so? He'll more than likely re-injure himself in camp.

This years draft is probably going to be the most important draft for us for years to come. We're also facing a dilemma of whether to get Vince a target or improve a very porous DLine.

6. dgood

dgood Guest

That Turner trade won't go through in the second round. If it happens, it will be the 1st round. So you can forget picking up anyone in the first if it does happen.

7. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Yeah the Turner trade is not going to happen anymore. At #19 we need to go Defense IMO theres so many holes we need to fill on the Def. side of the ball. DE, DT, LB depth, and CB. On the offense we need a RB, WR, and TE an O-Line depth. Mostly depth for the offense but Def. needs an overload almost.

The way I look at it is if we draft a WR round 1 our Def. that is right now weaker than last years is going to once again be the 32 ranked Def. We are not going to the playoffs barring a miracle and if we some how do we waon't last one round. If you have a good Def. you can make the playoffs without a juggernaut of an Off. Ex. Bears. If you look at the best Titans teams we were built on a tough Def. and a big RB to wear down D's with a great QB.

We have a Great QB in the making (knock on wood) but it ends there. LW could be that smash mouth back we need and if he is theres 2/3 we need but we havea soft Def. in a Div. with the Colts an improving Texans team and the Jags you better have a tough Def.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar