CB Round 1 is the way to go...

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by ImATitan, Mar 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

I've been thinking about it a lot today... CB is probably the best way to go in round 1.

We keep talking about pass rush and the line, but let's look at these names...

Akeem Ayers
    Shaun Phillips
    Kam Wimbley
    Zach Brown
    Wesley Woodyard
    Moise Fokou
    Zaviar Gooden
    Colin Mccarthy...

That's a lot of LB.. Horton is going to have a lot of fun moving these guys around, but let's assume Ayers, Phillips & Wimbley project as your 3 best OLB, and Brown, Woodyard, Fokou & Mccarthy handle ILB.. Gooden gets in the mix somewhere also. I'm not nuts over that ILB group, but its a group.

Now onto the line, I say Casey starts as NT with Pitoitua & Morgan as starting DE's.. Al Woods, Sammie Lee Hill, Mike Martin & Mookie Johnson also get in the mix here...

There are a lot of names between DL & LB.. They're not just names either, there's a lot of quality there. I do have more faith in that OLB group than ILB though, so I say:

CB round 1
    ILB round 2

You can't tell me that group doesn't project a hell of a lot better than J-Mac, Wreh-Wilson, Sensabaugh & Tommie Campbell though...

Gilbert at 11.

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Five of the guys you have listed are either ILBs or aren't proven. I don't see what that has to do with trying to find a true pass rusher.

And no to casey playing NT.

Basically no to everything you just said other than take a CB in the first. I wouldn't be against it, but I don't follow how you arrived to that conclusion.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

I'd like Gilbert at 11

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. MrPickSix

MrPickSix Starter

I honestly don't see us going corner in the first. We have some young guy they might want to give some burn to. Horton may try to mold Tommie C into a Richard Sherman type of player minus the hands. I see us going offense first round either Mike Evans or my pick the tight end from UNC

5. Gridiron Gun

Gridiron Gun Starter

I hope BWW can become a starting corner for us. But I haven't seen anything to prove that yet. If Whiz and the DC aren't sure either, they may very well go CB in round 1. I can say we need someone else to add to that group, it's pretty thin.

6. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Verrett, Fuller, Roby, and Roberson could all be available in the 2nd round when we pick.

I think CB is a position that needs to be addressed, due to the inexperience we have opposite J Mac, but not at the expense of our 1st round pick.

It would have been nice to sign a veteran CB (remaining free agent CBs suck) to come in and compete with BWW and Coty, because they aren't proven at all.

7. Tim

Tim Starter

No way, I'd much rather go qb

8. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

This gave me a pretty good laugh. Thanks.

• High Five High Five x 4
  9. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Is there really a big difference between what we would get from BWW and the guys you mentioned? We know nothing about how BWW will play in the NFL, just like the other guys. They're just shiny new toys.

10. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

You're projecting that Brown & Gooden are ILB. Woodyard has experience at both.

I also forgot Karl Klug (can play some OLB) and Lavar Edwards. Morgan should play a little OLB too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar