CBA to be ratified by July 21st?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by xpmar9x, Jul 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

2. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Sweeeeet I was looking for an article like this!

We actually have some money to spend.

$10.6 million under right now
    $12.8 million of cap room if VY is cut
    $6.5 million of cap room if Hope is cut
    $3.5 million of cap room if Gage is cut

Total Cap Room: $33.4 mil

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. ScotTitan

ScotTitan Starter

Thats very sweet, plenty of money to make a few splashes in FA.

4. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Hopefully the new CBA is done today.. although it sounds like the Players are going to decline. But, I can understand why.

5. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

if the players decline this deal, then imo the season is over.

hopefully they players need to get payed and will agree.

6. ScotTitan

ScotTitan Starter

I understand as well X, but at the same time, the players have got nearly everything they wanted. It appeared that they didnt want to look like the losers last night. I'm pretty sure they will sign it today. I think a 7 year opt out is a better idea for everyone though, short of that sign the deal please.

7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

In order for the CBA to get finalized to end this dumb @$$ lockout, the players first need to step away for a day and let their emotions go away. They're furious at how the owners threw the agreement at them, but the agreement makes sense. I figure once the the players cool off and stop letting their feelings control their brain, they'll sign the damn thing and we'll be able to see training camp in it's entirety. Players now have til Tuesday, but I'm thinking Monday and it's done.

8. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

Did anybody else find it a little odd how it went down on ESPN yesterday? Goodell and the owners press conference and then De Smith popping in seemed kinda fishy maybe even scripted.

Seems to me they are 'beefin' in the media only to get more people to watch and follow the situation.

9. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

according to ESPN a dead womens funeral will hold up the vote until next week.

the waiting game is back.

10. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

I don't know if its that simple. I think it had less to do with the player's emotions and more to do with them not knowing the details of the contract. If its a good deal, its a good deal. I personally haven't seen the fine print and wouldn't know exactly what's best if I did, but I do know I'd take my time signing anything that's gonna affect the rest of my life.

I think it'll get done soon but on the players time. We might have a very short pre-season.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar