CFL, AFL, or UFL?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, May 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Since the NFL owners didn't renew labor agreements with players, we could possibly be looking at 2011 without our favorite team. Just curious if this does happen (which I don't believe will happen) what football league do you guys pick-up and follow?

2. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

I'm not suggesting that anyone down there should actually bother to follow the CFL in the event of an NFL work stoppage (that might be a bit weird, although I guess it's not much different than me loving the NFL), but I will point out that the quality of play in the CFL is miles ahead of the UFL and a million miles ahead of the AFL. If you have to watch pro football and the NFL isn't an option, the CFL is probably your best bet. (I count college football as a different thing since the style of play is often very different.)

What you guys should actually do is spend time getting into the NHL. Hockey is a great sport and probably the closest thing to the NFL in terms of physicality and drama (baseball is a nice game, but it's pretty slow and basketball is extremely boring far more often than it's great). There's nothing in sports that matches the intensity of playoff hockey. Too bad you guys have such a crappy team in Nashville.

You could also do what I'm doing and hold out hope that a new CBA will be reached before 2011. I think the players and owners are smart enough to know that a work stoppage is a terrible idea.

3. wycheck28

wycheck28 Starter

I would say arena league. even though the AFL runs in the summer. i look so forward to september i dont even want to think about what i would do if there was no NFL football.good question but very scary..............

4. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I love football, but I just can't get into any other leagues. Arena ball is wack, UFL is worser and CFL well that's just un-American.

I'm hoping we can keep a lockout from happening but that would make for one sad lonely year.

5. JCBRAVE

The UFL barely has any teams to cheer for, and with the AFL who knows if they'll be here come 2011. I didn't include college football since it's technically kids playing, but if I had to choose one it would likely be the UFL since there is a local team for me to see.

I will be so upset if the NFL takes even one day off.

6. wycheck28

wycheck28 Starter

playoff hockey is awesome but it still doesnt even compare to a regular season NFL game much less a playoff game. and by the way didnt the nashville predators get in the playoffs this yr and take the blackhawks 7 games??? i wouldnt consider that to crappy!!!!!

7. joelmunroe

joelmunroe Camp Fodder

False and false.

8. JCBRAVE

Don't you dare try making this thread about hockey, you puck heads.

9. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

That Wayne Gretzky guy sure is something, eh?

10. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I believe it will happen and I'll just watch more college football than usual probably.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar