Chad Johnson won't attend team functions,demands trade

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Alpha-Centuri, Apr 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alpha-Centuri

Alpha-Centuri Starter

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3349761

From ESPN:

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Looks like he REALLY wants to get out of Cinci... He has convinced me that its not about the money.

Ocho is still at the top of the game, and we have plenty of cap space. If I we're GM for a day, I'd gladly part with ANY one of our recievers for him.

I know that the Titans pursuing a deal like this is somewhere between slim and none, I think it would make sense.

2. A Fightin'Titan

A Fightin'Titan Starter

Yeah seeing him on Total Access also made me think he was dead serious but he has already talked of teams like Dallas, Washington and I think Philadelphia.

Wouldn't it be nice though.

3. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

They're idiots if they don't trade him, but they're the Bengals for a reason I guess.

I would like to, but I just can't see ocho being a Titan next year. Unless Bud really wants him, I don't think we'll make too much of a push. I'm thinking Philly or San Fran, if anywhere.

4. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

i dont want him, he help beat our *** last year then ate popcorn to rub it in.

5. Alpha-Centuri

Alpha-Centuri Starter

Yep, he put up a monster game. That's why we should get him. He is one of those guys that you have to scheme for, which opens up the entire field. He also battles for just about every ball thrown to him. Having a guy like Chad Johnson to throw to would work wonders for developing you're skill sets, while minimalizing and hiding you're flaws.

He likes to show off. Yeah, but he backs it up in having 5 1200+ yd seasons in a row, and another 1100+ season the year before.

He is a perennial pro-bowler. His attitude won't get him banned from the league, and I haven't read anything from his teamates saying he is a bad locker-room guy. He likes attention... I say big deal.

6. Crash Override

Crash Override inVINCEable

Bengals need to man up and get rid of him already.

7. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

too bad Cincy couldn't use a guy like Adam Jones

8. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

this is one of those moments when you wonder if you're ready to get rid of one headache then take on another

9. nouveaux

nouveaux Starter

That's one of the few trades I've heard where we'd actually get a decent deal.

10. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

More of the same from Chad. If he wants a trade so badly he should cover the massive $ loss The Bengals would incur by trading him OUT OF HIS OWN DAMN POCKET either that or shut the f*** up!.
    Chad, you signed the damn contract - live with it. Besides how many Pro Bowls you think you're gonna make without Carson serving up the cake?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar