Chance Chris Johnson will be released?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by XO, Feb 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pepsidriver24

pepsidriver24 @snydzie

I may have exaggerated the "statement" part of my comment. My apologies.

But I'll take Rap's word for it.

2. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

Hes not going anywhere period!

3. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I just about pissed myself after reading this. Funniest damn post I've read all year so far!

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

No need for apologies.

Like I said, I think it's unlikely he's cut. But just as Rapaport said they're keeping him, Kuharsky has said that there is some internal disagreement on the matter. We won't know definitively until Friday.

5. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I'm sure it's already been posted but I don't feel like sifting through all the Jeep/condom/chain restaurant comments to find out....

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. Big Time Titan

If there is any disagreement on who wants to keep CJ, I would guess that Webster wants to cut him loose and Munchak knows we need to keep him. As bad as we've been can you imagine how much worse it would be without CJ? Many people tend to think it's easy to just plug any RB back there and they'd be as good or better than CJ. WRONG! No doubt CJ has had some games where he was indecisive and didn't hit the holes like he could have but he still is a top 5 RB at worst.

7. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I said the same thing earlier. I think Ruston is around for 2014 regardless of how 2013 plays out. So he's more apt to be thinking long-term than Munch. Munch needs to win NOW or he's out of a job with a 99.999999% of never getting a chance at being a head coach ever again.

I think we're definitely a worse team in 2013 without CJ. But are we a better team long-term if we go ahead and part ways now and start working with some new backs? That's where it starts to get murky in my mind.

IMO no doubt the best thing for CJ is for us to trade/release him. He's being wasted here. And I think he's going to be done or close to it by the time we're a legit contender. We're 2 years away AT BEST. And I just don't think CJ is the type of back that's going to sustain at a high level for very long. Just my two cents though.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. Big Time Titan

Unfortunately what's best for CJ is for us let him take his talents somewhere else Sawdust. It really sucks that when we get a once in a lifetime talent like CJ it becomes a wash because the rest of the team sucks. We can never put it all together to make anything good come out of it. Same with VY, when he was carrying us we had no WRs, and no talent around him. And then we get a guy like Randy F***ing Moss and we don't even play him.

9. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

CJ has fallen out of favor with me over the past couple seasons but I still recognize his talent. But it's a true shame that we have absolutely nothing to show for the 3 seasons we had him in his absolute prime. 1 playoff appearance, zero wins. Pathetic. This team always manages to shoot itself in the foot somehow. It's extremely frustrating.

10. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I take my online girlfriend with me and it's awesome because I get a ton of leftovers

• High Five High Five x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar