Chance Chris Johnson will be released?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by XO, Feb 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Two Kings

Two Kings NJ Titan

Fair point. but PRAY is right. He is getting what he deserved.

Maybe think of it this way. If you worked 80 hours one week, but got paid as if you did 20 hours. Then next week you worked 40 hours, but you got paid for the 80 you did. Wouldn't you think that is pretty fair.

Obviously the following week you would be paid for 40 hours, and that is where CJ is about to be. After this year if he doesn't put up a good show he should absolutely restructure his contract or get cut.

2. griff33daddy

griff33daddy Starter

if my boss gave me a raise because of the amount of work i put out and then i dont do the same and am calling out other people in my company then i would be fired by now....

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

That logic sounds alright in theory. But we all know you can't compare professional athletes to your average Joe. You'd be one awful organization if you were constantly paying players for what they did in the past rather than what they're doing now and expected to do in the future.

People always make this case that he deserves it because of what he did in years past. But it just doesn't work like that. I can guarantee you when we gave him his new deal the front office wasn't thinking "Well, here you go CJ. You deserve all this money because of that 2,000 yard season. Any production you give us from here on out is just icing on the cake." No. They were expecting him to continue to perform at that same level. And he simply hasn't. Sure you can put a lot of the blame on the OL. But if you ask me, anyone who thinks CJ is the exact same guy from '08-10 is delusional.

IMO there is absolutely no doubt that CJ is overpaid right now. Should he go back to making 500 grand a year or whatever it was? Of course not. But he's far from a $10 million/year player at this point. Faaaaaaaaar from it. [/Te'o]

He's pretty much become a one-trick pony. He can still hit the homerun if EVERYTHING goes right on a given play. But he doesn't really break tackles anymore. He tends to shy away from contact. And his ability to make people miss has even declined noticeably. Sure, he can still outrun most anyone else on the field. But what good is that when all those other things that go into being a great back are now missing?

4. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

He's not getting released, quit dreaming.

5. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

We're definitely a better team in 2013 with him on the roster. I still hope we bring in/draft another decent back though.

6. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

We need a real bruiser, no doubt about it.

7. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Welp, we're keeping him. Get over it & support the guy.

8. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Where is Bell expected to go again?

9. pepsidriver24

pepsidriver24 @snydzie

CJ is lethal when used correctly, garbage time or not. He was playing like an MVP in the Ravens playoff game in '08 before he went out with injury. One thing that must improve is his attitude towards turning this team around. He must be a leader off the field just as much as on the field. So many Titans are coming into a prove yourself type of year this year.

10. griff33daddy

griff33daddy Starter

cj failed to gain yardage on 24.5% of his carries since 2010, the highest percent in the nfl over that span.....doesnt sounds like a 10 million dollar guy to me...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar