Chance Chris Johnson will be released?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by XO, Feb 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

CJ would be a great piece of an offensive pie - if he wasn't paid and used as 8 pieces of a 6 piece pie.
    He would be so great used as a fresh alt to a stud wide-load back.
    That scenario will never happen..

2. J Falk

J Falk Starter

"What's your damage little boy?", "You got a sick and twisted world perspective".

3. NewHorizans

NewHorizans Titans Ruckus (oYo)

Again, its just saying there is a chance he could be. THATS IT. I imagine the coaching staff we have is trying to put together a solid season next year to keep all their jobs. So no way they let go of their best offensive weapon no matter how much he is due or how many years he has left. I bet they believe they will fix the O-line in the off season and give CJ something to work with. I cannot see the Titans releasing him not when jobs are on the line.

4. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

And I thought you were trying to be a funnie and created an intentionally misleading thread that turned out to be about the cornerback, Chris Johnson.

You surprised me. Congratulations.

5. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I agree. Wish he didn't have that high price tag and we could trade him. I hope they are shopping him right now. I'm OK without him. We don't have the OL and what we get won't be gelled for a year anyway. He'll waste another year and we won't get all that out of him.

I hate to cut him just for cap space. But I'd trade his azz in a split second.

6. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

When did we start linking to reddit as news? PFT or it didn't happen

7. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

LOL, we're gonna release the best player to ever grace a Titans uniform??? yeah? Fairy Tales are fun..

8. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

So we should cut CJ?? Why? So we can have another hole to fill? So we can "save money" ... who gives a sh it? Are you Bud Adams? Is it your money?

Oh its so we can go out and get more FAs ... yeah like we are going to be able to sign the top FAs at every position. Some of you guys are borderline retarded. Most if the top FAs will be resigned or tagged. We had cap money last year and missed out on most. And when is the last time a good team was built through FA? Cowboys couldn't do it. The eagles dream team was a huge success (yeah right)

Oh but by the time we are good again CJ will be past his prime... so? You are saying you want us to suck even more in the interim? We probably wont be very good until most FAs we sign this year are past their prime too.

We would much better off focusing on the real issues than creating more. (ie fixing the OL, D) ... we fix those now ( through the draft) and we will have a solid base for several years no matter who the coach/QB/RB is.

Plus if we gut the team then we delay getting better anyway. Gut the team this year and you basically are giving Munch 2 more years. (You cant expect him to have a good year starting from scratch) then if he fails again, a new coach will come in and regut the team.

Munch needs success NOW... he wont get that by cutting his best players. He MIGHT achieve it by filling holes, and if we fill holes but still suck next year, then the new coach will have a better foundation to build from

• High Five High Five x 2
  9. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I don't think it's all that likely, but is more possible than you seem to want to admit.

He is scheduled to make a ton of money next year.
    He is past his prime. (Note: that doesn't mean he sucks)
    Based on recent comments, it seems as if he doesn't particularly want to be here anyway.

And technically Randy Moss is the greatest player to ever wear a Titans uniform. :)

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

He's the 2nd best RB in the league. If we released him, he'd get picked up by a team with a good offensive line sooooo fast. And he'd probably put up another 2,000 yard season or close to it.

I watch a lot of redskins games, since I live in the area, if they had CJ2K last season, he'd of broke Dickerson's record.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar