Chance Warmack was Really Bad in 2013

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Fry, Apr 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MaxFischer

MaxFischer Rookie

Didn't you give the 2013 draft a B+ and say, and I quote, "Overall, I'm thrilled with our draft and my complaints are minor"?

http://gotitans.com/threads/grade-the-2013-titans-draft-very-early-edition.87152/page-2

2. titantrusince82

titantrusince82 I'm down with the Titans for better or worse

The man played every offensive snap this year with the worst Oline coach in the league, a head coach that was in over his head, a tap dancing RB, and a second string interception machine....... And this board wants to bash him?

• High Five High Five x 3
  3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Yes

4. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

What does that have to do with the fact that I wanted Lotulelei?

My complaints were minor because I didn't want a guard at #10, but I never thought Warmack would suck as bad as he did... I figured "well, at least we have a really good guard now, but I wish we had a true difference maker."

My final hopes were for us to take Lotulelei or Floyd at #10 and go with Warford in the 2nd. If you were able to dig and find that post, I'm sure you can dig and find my post either right before or during the draft where I said I wanted Lotulelei.

I predicted we would take him. And when we were on the clock I was sitting there with my friend hoping for Star only to hear Warmack's name called. I just sighed. Wasn't very thrilled.

I liked the rest of the draft (aside from Gooden) more and that's why I gave it a B+. Would've been an A if we took Star.

5. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Do not lump us together. I and others have been supportive of him.

Also if memory serves he is the guy this board wanted the most in the first.

6. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I'm still supportive of him. But no doubt he has to step it up this year if he wants to avoid the dreaded bust label

I'm sure there was a "who do you want" thread we could refer to. But I seem to recall a lot of people saying they'd be fine with the pick but he wasn't necessarily their #1 choice.

7. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

A quick search turned up a few threads. Seems like it was actually a pretty close split.

http://www.gotitans.com/threads/who-do-you-want-more-in-the-draft.86044/
    http://www.gotitans.com/threads/would-you-take-star-at-10-over-warmack.86220/
    http://www.gotitans.com/threads/pick-3-guys.86619/

Funny how there was so much talk about Warmack vs. Star and that's exactly how it played out.

8. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

Careful. These are labeled "excuses" around these parts.

9. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Here was my quote from the pick 3...

As the draft approached even closer and the heart concerns for Star faded, I wanted him even more.

• High Five High Five x 2
  10. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

I was really hoping they pulled the trigger on Star but I knew they weren't feeling him for some reason...I didn't mind the Warmack pick....and I still don't hate it, but imagine having Casey/Star...That is part of the problem with this team...They don't have dominance in ANY 1 position. It drives me nuts...Please just make one area at least ELITE.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar