Chance was a GREAT pick.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titantrusince82, Feb 8, 2014.

1. Fry

Fry Hatin' is what I do.

It means he didn't get hurt, which is good. His play was bad though.
  2. titantrusince82

titantrusince82 I'm down with the Titans for better or worse

I put that on bad coaching and technique more than anything. He really only had Roos as a good mentor. He Oline coach was garbge and big country was a shell of himself.
  3. titanfanatic

titanfanatic Starter

Played just as good as Levitre
    • High Five High Five x 2
  4. titantrusince82

titantrusince82 I'm down with the Titans for better or worse

That's my point also.
  5. titanfanatic

titanfanatic Starter

I'm not a fan of picking offensive lineman in the first round and certainly wasn't a fan of the pick by any stretch. With that being said I was able to stomach it a little bit better because we had signed one of the best guards in football right out of the gates during FA. I was drinking the Munch kool aid by the gallon after hearing him pound his chest that "major changing" was coming after the 2012 season and thought "sh*t we're finally getting our o-line back to the old titan days." Looked great on paper thats for sure. Chance gets a pass from me because hes a rookie and it was expected. He still has alot of potential and got better as the season went on. But not Levitre,absolutely no excuse. Not for a guy making just shy of $8 mil a year. I don't care how bad the coaching was, a guy with his reputation if anything should of fell back on his fundamentals. I felt like we were playing 3 rookies last year.
  6. nickmsmith

nickmsmith LET'S GO PREDATORS!!!!

It means we have a lot invested in him, he has potential, was not injured all season, and there was no backup that would have been an improvement.

None of those things signify a great player.

Levitre was a disappointment as well. We just gave up cash for him, though. Not a valuable, tradable asset like a top 10 pick.
  7. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 Pro Bowler

Can't really think like that though. Had we got Quinn, maybe we would've been in better shape and didn't have a chance at Star.
  8. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 Pro Bowler

I think I got like 3 or 4 texts from friends that read "LOL" the second we selected Chance on draft day.

The jury is still out on him. Nowhere close to a boom or bust at this point in time.

I believe Chance will have a much improved 2nd year at the helm of better coaching.
  9. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Starter

It was a freak injury, I really doubt the he was a broken leg waiting to happen.
  10. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Starter

Ok. Thank you for clarifying that. We will find out next season who the better NFL player is if Cooper heals up right.