Chance was a GREAT pick.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titantrusince82, Feb 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

Sure. I'm just saying, it would have worked out better than what did happen.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. titantrusince82

titantrusince82 I'm down with the Titans for better or worse

Nobody was wanting Star when the doctors came out about his health issues before the draft. Come the F on. I know getting a guard in the top 10 is a stretch, but he was far from a bust. Must I say again that he did not miss a offensive snap this year.

Y'all look at me say why do you keep saying that, and I look at y'all and say when are y'all going to listen. Every offensive snap. The only other offensive person to play every snap was Roos! Star has a nice Dline, and Sheldon played with a good D. what did Chance have, a subpar Oline and an idiot OL coach.

3. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Anyone remember how terrible Brad Hopkins was his first couple years in the league? High first round pick also.

4. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

I wanna roll with you on this 100% but I saw Chance get physically man handled a few times which is something I didn't think I would see. A blown assignment or missing a block out in space are things that I'd give him a pass on but getting physically dominated? That should never happen to a guy like him.

5. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

The guy was handed the starting spot. He came into camp late and was starting immediately. The only thing that would have resulted in him not playing would have been injury.

It's good that he stayed healthy, but you shouldn't label a guy a GREAT pick for it, especially when he wasn't that good.

6. titantrusince82

He wasn't THAT good, but he was good. Better than everyone on our line this year except for Roos. He was better than Amano, Harris, Matthews, and Velasco. He had some plays were he had some good run blocks, but Bojangles Johnson would tap dance and not hit the hole hard sometimes. He needs to improve, I admit that, but he has a championship pedigree and he did not miss a game this year.

Most 1st round picks (except for some qbs) are handed a starting spot.

7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

You're wrong.

I remember clear as day me and xpmar9x begging for Star before and after his heart issue came about.

I think Riverman was even in the same boat, and some guy named Wrath or something like that.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

well.... that means a lot.

• High Five High Five x 2
  9. titantrusince82

Let's be the first to practice the Titan Jeff rule and provide a pass link with your endorsement of Star. Just joking, but the health scare turned me away from Star and in favor of Richardson on the Dline

10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

There's literally got to be about 4,000+ posts with my username attached to Star Lotulelei's

I looked at the heart thing as a good thing. He was getting hyped up to be the No.1 pick, I knew we were at 10 and had no chance til the heart story dropped. I got excited after the health scare.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar