Chances of Tennessee Winning the AFC South

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by MrPickSix, Nov 8, 2015.

?

Can The Titans Win The AFC South

Poll closed Nov 15, 2015.
  1. Yes

51.5%
  2. No

34.8%
  3. Who Cares?

13.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

Don't drink and post.

2. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I'm for playing our young guys. Winning the division is out of the question now. I don't want to lose just to maintain a high draft status, but I care less about winning these last games than I do about figuring out what we've got and developing the young players.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Why? That's wrong?

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. cozmicfool

cozmicfool Starter

I agree I think we still loose the division...I was already ready to plead a case that we could still win, but even if the Titans win out we still miss the playoffs unless the colts drop 4 of their final 6 games. Any given Sunday anything can happen but considering we have like a 1% chance of not getting embarrassed (forget winning) the Pats game so yeah that ship sailed.

I hate to repeat what I said last year, but at this point would it even be smart to get to the playoffs to just loose to more talented teams. I do agree with @JCBRAVE that the team isn't as talent deficient as originally thought, but we still don't have the overall talent level to consistently compete. So in saying that, right now we are sitting at the #3 pick. Chances are the Browns and Chargers will win a game before we do. Does it make since to win now knowing we can't go anywhere even if we do? I kind of feel like we secure a top 5 pick and go get Marcus and the defense some help. Armed with a potential Franchise QB, a top 10 defense, and a top 5 pick, we could potentially become very attractive for better players in FA (franchise QBs pull in players in free agency) and definitely HC candidates. Just a thought...Not too mention GMs if we were to fire that fella named Webster!

5. JCBRAVE

Yea it matters we win now, no one player does anything for us, we need at least 4 new guys at LG,C,RT, and CB to even be worth watching next year. Getting a higher draft pick hardly solves our issues. It would be a great sign of things to come if we could figure out a way to win with this cast we have now, most of them will be back for 2016

6. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

For people that say no one on this team would play on the Patsies, remember that Akeem Ayers guy?

7. JCBRAVE

Not to mention that Blunt guy as well

8. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

We'll have a new HC and GM next year. The culture is going to change regardless of one or two more wins. Honestly, this team is best served to evaluate our young talent and contract year talent as much as possible. Matiota needs reps. That's more important than winning meaningless games. Getting a higher pick does provide more options for a rebuild, but is not as important next draft now we've got our QB

9. cozmicfool

cozmicfool Starter

I'm not sure I can buy one player can't make a difference a huge difference. If that one player was someone who forces the opposing teams to game plan for them then that could make all the difference. Especially if that player is dominant enough. Now in saying that a high draft pick could potentially get us closer to getting 3-4 players if we were to trade a top 5 pick and lets say move backwards in the draft. You can certainly pick up maybe even 2 or 3 solid players. Until this team can consistently win again I'd rather us either be really really good or really really bad. Enough of this in between crap. It doesn't get us anywhere in the long term but the NFL average (or below it in our case) of .500. If I have to watch this team sink another decade being average I'll probably loose my passion of watching football.

10. CalgaryTitansFan

CalgaryTitansFan Pro Bowler

While I get what you're saying, you're totally cheery picking here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar