Change the rules, not the equipment

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Fry, Nov 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I liked Easterbrook's argument that they should add padding to the outside of the helmets again, so that they can't be used as weapons. It would look silly at first, but if the NFL made it mandatory, or quit giving fines and suspensions if you were wearing more protective gear, I guarantee the silly looking stuff would become cool pretty quick.

Totally agree about players not wearing their helmets correctly.

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. MCMLXXXIII

MCMLXXXIII Starter

[​IMG]

3. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

Boxing gloves are padded, mainly to protect knuckles because they don't prevent concussions. You don't even have to be hit in the head. If you're head is jerking around :grrhee:, you can get a concussion.

It's what's happening inside your skull, not what's outside.

4. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

There are a whole lot of factors. If your helmet is padded, it won't seem as much like a weapon, so you won't be tempted to lead with it. It wouldn't completely solve the problem, but it could help.

5. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

[​IMG]

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. globelieves

globelieves Starter

I have been arguing this (not on the forum) for awhile. The change up from leather helmets probably looked crazy...I think we would adjust to a new exterior quickly...and w/ the today's innovations I don't think it would have to be ugly. Cushioning the impact would help w/ all kinds of hits...no cure all...but a help.

7. globelieves

globelieves Starter

This is a valid point...but it wouldn't be the same type of padding...it would be a force absorbing padding. And of course, it would not be a cure all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar