Changes That Could Strengthen Team In 2014

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by mike75, Jan 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

Not sure we draft another QB but i think we should.We know Locker is coming back.I just have one wish though please get rid of Fitztragic and bring in a better backup if possible.Any decent backup will do but please no Fitz.If the defense is good and Locker suffers another injury we could get by with a game manager type QB.

The offensive line should gel with another offseason although David Stewart should be cut.I really do hope Levitre improves he has been a disappointment.We will need to draft another offensive lineman hopefully in the early rounds.Maybe we will fire Matthews as line coach but not holding my breath.

I think Gray is gone and will be the scapegoat for last season.Williams running the defense alone that would bode well for that side of the ball.Bring Pollard back and franchise or bring back Verner.

Free up cap space by cutting Chris Johnson,David Stewart,Kamerion Wimbley,etc.

We could possibly strengthen the LB spot by drafting C.J. Mosley

Special teams was a disaster due to bad returning so bring Washington or Mariani back.Make sure at all costs we have a solid return man.

With Chris Johnson most likely gone we can bring in a good back through free agency or the draft to pair with Shonn Greene.

At the receiver spot if Washington is gone at least bring back Damian Williams.That would mean us having Wright,Hunter and Williams not a bad threesome at all.Delanie Walker has the tight end spot sewn up.

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Biggest change we need to make is at RB.

We need either Shonn Greene or a mid-round rookie RB that can get 4 yards every time and sustain drives. Nothing flashy, just a hard working RB that gets drives going. C.J.'s style is crippling to offenses.

We do that and I will bet anyone any amount that we win more than 8 games next year.

3. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I'm as down on CJ as anybody but no way is RB the biggest change we need to make. I'd definitely put QB, RT, and DE as higher priorities. If Locker could stay healthy then we wouldn't have to worry about QB. But he can't. So we do.

Nobody can get 4 yards every time.

4. JCBRAVE

At the end of that day he has to have at least a 4.0 YPC average is what I meant.

5. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Well then Chris Johnson is most definitely not your guy.

6. Architect

Architect Pain Train

His average of 3.86 yards a carry not close enough?

7. JCBRAVE

I was just using 4 as a starting point. Back when CJ was averaging around 5-yards per touch we were doing big things.

If you just go and check out the playoff teams and their rushing averages you'll see you need a constant 4+ YPC out of your ground game.

8. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Better chance of getting another Jamie Harper in the mid-round than a good RB.

9. JCBRAVE

Meh. For every Javon Ringer-Jamie Harper there's an Bryce Brown-DeMarco Murray waiting for you.

Ruston is yet to try his hand at rookie RB's, Im interested in seeing what he could do with a mid-round RB.

10. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

I don't know about that.

Harper was a questionable pick from the beginning. His heart and drive were unanimously thought of as lacking. He was just a loser from start to finish, with a big body. The former FO totally drafted like they were playing Madden. Chris Henry must be good because he is super strong and fast. Harper must be a power back because he is big.
    It was a really stupid formula.

pre-draft
    Weaknesses: Shows decent quickness and better-than-expected speed but isn’t a quick- twitch athlete and lacks the burst needed to put his foot in the ground and explode off cuts. His lack of true speed causes him to struggle to create natural separation from linebackers in man coverage. Despite his size, is not a proficient power runner and needs to be more aggressive running inside and show a willingness to initiate contact. Must be more aggressive with his hands as a blocker. Never was a full-time starter during his college career.

A total dummy could have seen this coming from a mile away, but they didn't.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar