Changes...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Gut, Nov 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

So CEO Tommy Smith pulling a Rex Ryan and saying playoffs next year and SB the year after that got me to thinking. Let's suspend what we all think will happen (whiz and Webster will get at least another year) and look at 2 things.

Let's suppose a couple of things. First, we stink up the 2nd half as much as the first half. Second, Harbaugh leaves the 49ers as HC. Rex Ryan is fired as Jets HC.

What would you think about Tommy cleaning house, handing the reins over to Harbaugh as HC/GM (with maybe Rex as his DC) and draft Mariota in rnd 1 and take a pass rusher in rnds 2 and maybe 3?

OK, just had to throw that out there...

Second, this concerns me that we may draft a QB in rnd 1 with this type of pressure!

Thoughts?

2. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I'm not completely sure I'd want to see Ryan and Harbaugh on the same staff. That's too many type a personalities on the coaching staff.

I understand we need players to step up, but both these guys have been accused of losing their locker rooms.

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

O% chance. Despite what people are saying Whisenhunt was brought in here to blow things up and rebuild it. He will be given a pass this year and, despite what Tommy says, he will be given a pass next year as the team shows some kind of improvement.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  4. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I'd love to bring both those guys in, but lets be honest... Whiz will get atleast a 2nd year.

5. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Whis signed a 5 year guaranteed deal. I don't see him being one and done under any circumstances. Even if we lose every game from here on out.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Ryan is overrated and too much of a distraction, I llike Harbaugh though I wouldn't ditch a HC after one season.

Mettenberger could turn out to be the next Tom Brady but the O-line and defecse issues we have mean we will lose most of the next 8 games.

If we have to draft a QB next year we've no chance of a quick turn around because we have too many positions that need upgrading. If Mettenberger is good we have a chance to turn it around quickly.

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Exactly.

8. Roscoes Wetsuit

Roscoes Wetsuit Pro Bowler

As much as I wish Tommy would realize Whiz in no shape or form is a competent head coach and the worst thing to happen to this franchise.

He won't fire him, won't happen.

9. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

If Belicheck and Ryan can be on the same staff, Harbaugh and Ryan can co-exist. I have heard all the rumors with the Niners, there are NO RUMORS of Rex losing the Jets locker room and probably never will be. Rex is a player's coach in that in front of the media, he will ALWAYS take all the blame. He never calls out a player and is quite the opposite. When Geno had his last rough outing (3 picks in 8 throws) and got benched, they were trying to get Rex to say something negative about him and he wouldn't do it. He would say I believe in him, he has all the talent, blah blah blah. While it is coaches speak, it is why Rex never loses his Locker room because he always has their back in front of the media.

He is a great defensive coach and if we got him a couple of pass rushers...

Harbaugh is a big reason for Luck's success and he has run a similar system to what Mariota runs in college. I'm afraid the Jets will jump on harbaugh and get Mariota and make that quick turnaround (though they won't keep Rex).

10. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

As I said, we know it won't happen...but one can dream...

And IF Tommy REALLY wants playoffs next year and a SB the following year, sometimes you need to make an extreme change.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar