Changing Attitude Plays Major Role in Turnaround for Titans

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Dec 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: Years from now, when people look back at the 2006 Titans, one of the main things which will be remembered will be the change of attitude towards winning. “I think there are cases where young guys come into this league and start losing, and they say, ‘OK, this is how it goes. We have these kinds of seasons,’” said WR Drew Bennett. “We had such a young team this year and an even younger team last year. Now the guys have learned how to win and kind of fed off their experiences of the last two years. This is a changing of the tide and things are definitely upbeat around here.” Some of the players credit Jeff Fisher and the coaching staff of overseeing the turnaround but much of the credit must also go to rookie QB Vince Young for the attitude he brought to the team.

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

2. FightinTitan

FightinTitan Guest

100% credit for the players attitude goes to Fish.

Fish kept this team believing in his plan and themselves after a 0-5 start. Most other coaches would have lost their team under such circumstances.

My hats off to Jeff Fisher.

3. ico4498

ico4498 Guest

don't know why the replies to this article (both threads) annoy me so much. Fisher deserves credit but 100%? ... everyone should get cred for the good vibes.

4. FightinTitan

FightinTitan Guest

If Fisher had lost this team at 0-5, there would not be one iota of positive attitude on the team or in the organization.

Fisher and the entire staff would have been worrying about landing new jobs and the players would have quit and laid down.

Fisher is this team's and organization's MVP.

5. ico4498

ico4498 Guest

yah can play that scenario from multiple perspectives ...

ex: if the players lost heart at 0-5, there would not be one iota of positive attitude on the team or in the organization.

not trying to deny Fisher his due, jes sayin' it can't reasonably be ALL due to him (100%) ... peace

6. rcarie

rcarie Tac Head

I think vets like Thorton, Hope, and Mawae that have came in from other programs have had a lot to do with it also... Most importantly, Vince has made everyone around him believe they always have a shot in any game... That's something we haven't had in a while.

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

watch yourself, the new VY-Titan bandwagoners will be here soon.

8. panamamyers

panamamyers Guest

How long have you been a Titans fan gunny?

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Titans since they moved.

Oilers-Titans something like 14 years.

10. panamamyers

panamamyers Guest

Ok, just making sure I've been a fan for longer, so I wouldn't be perceived a bandwagon hopper lol

I am a Longhorn fan of course, but I am also an Oilers/Titans fan since 1980 or thereabouts when I was 5 years old.

Having said that...Fisher does deserve some credit. He deserves credit for putting Vince in the game and sticking with him. Fisher deserves credit for managing the games and giving the Titans the chance to win the games. To say that Vince hasn't had a huge impact on the attitude though would be something I just could not agree with. Fisher was there last year and year before too. His attitude didn't quite seep into the players those two years.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar