Channel 2 Coverage

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by rcarie, Aug 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rcarie

rcarie Tac Head

I don't know if this has been touched on but, am I the only one who thought that the coverage of the game last night was absolutely terrible! Eddie and that other butt-nut are just horrible. I loved Eddie in his hay-day but he is a nightmare as a commentator. I was really embarrassed for him. And the camera crew couldn't follow the ball half the time. It was like they were getting fooled by play action. Also, they would put players or coaches on the screen and would have the wrong names displayed... and it happened a lot. They were showing Jim Washburn on the sideline and had Jim Schwartz's name up while they were talking about him... If anything, I'd be pissed if i was Washburn!

Like I said, it was a complete joke and it wasn't even in HD. Come on!

2. Ewker

Ewker Starter

you're not the only one who thought it sucked. The other option was to listen to Wycheck on the radio...how I miss Pat Ryan

3. JMB54

JMB54 Waitin on a Win!

WKRN messed up when they moved John Dwyer(?) away from sports. This new guy just acts like an a?? to me.

4. rcarie

rcarie Tac Head

I thought he was awful too....

5. I actually like Eddie's insight because he knows a lot about the game. I thought the other guy asking Eddie if he was going to be in the HOF was kind of stupid though.

6. Local broadcasts of the preseason games have always sucked. But it was especially bad last night.

7. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

I emailed their programming and tech depts during the game last night to complain. The guy on the main camera was horrible and the guy they have working with Eddie was just terrible. He was mispronouncing names constantly and calling out the wrong players on some plays. His spotter should be fired.

8. BigRed3

BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

Do not get me started on last night's broadcast. The camera man was terrible from the opening kickoff (which I thought was caught at the twenty, instead of five yards deep in the endzone). Eddie still sucks as a color man, but due to the circumstances was far and away the best part of the broadcast. On the instance where we were challenging the fumble call, I didn't even think that they were going to show the replay, until they showed it five minutes later. I'm being completely honest here, Channel 2 could have hired any schmo off of this board and they would have been better that the play by play guy last night. I would rather listen to Pat Sumerall from Madden 2003 than listen to that guy ever again. And the sideline reporter? Not to make fun of him or anything, but if you're born with a lisp, is sideline reporter really on the top of the list of career choices? Apparently Channel 2 didn't notice.

9. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

If you could put the gotitans chat room to audio it would have been better than Channel 2.
    And the sideline reporter should be a good looking babe, not a fat forty something guy wearing a trash bag.

10. Bababooey

Bababooey Guest

I wonder if Carmen Electra is doing anything friday night for the bills game. cause if she isn't doing anything, then she can come to my house screw the game! it's my birthday i deserve that! even though she's allegedly uh... swinging the other way right now, i'm sure she'd swing back for a BIRTHDAY. cmon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar