Post-Game Thread Chargers 43, Titans 35

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Nov 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

This is on coaching. Marcus screwed the pooch in the end, no doubt about it. BUT coaching went away from what got us back in the game. The first drive after halftime was a thing of beauty, that is when Marcus is at his best. Then what do we do, we go back to running the ball. We needed to keep the pedal to the metal not play it safe. I can understand wanting to control TOP but we needed to take it to their defense.

We needed to get a two possession lead before going back to the running game. Of course I've been saying all year that our secondary is weak AF and they really proved me right again today. They beat up on Jax and built up a false sense of being good. Rivers picked us apart and was just toying with us. The season is over. We are done.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Maker_84

Maker_84 Starter

Well the Chargers arent very good and we were throughly out played statistically. Don't worry there will be some blowouts coming to this team very soon as the schedule gets better

3. Rwill

Rwill Pro Bowler

I consistently say Mariota should not be running the ball. Scramble in the pocket to buy some time, sure... run the ball.. no way.

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  4. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I have some mixed feelings about who to blame at this point. Mariota handed the Chargers 17 points but outside of those plays, he was great. However, the playcalling tonight was atrocious. When we're up-tempo and have more than 2 WRs on the field good things tend to happen. I'm fine with running the ball but it's so predictable and even when the defense loads up the box we still don't check out of it. We never take advantage when the defense is up and between the tackles.

I can't fairly evaluate Mariota knowing he's in a system that is limiting him. I think we can win with Mariota but the fumbling issue is alarming, even if that was a stupid play call. On the last INT he stared down on his target and the CB made a break for the ball, great play by him and mistake by Mariota.

Didn't think we would win but knowing we should have is even more disappointing. Will be interesting to see how Mariota bounces back.

5. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

I have been saying for weeks that option crap needs to go

6. wrench248

wrench248 Pro Bowler

My problem with that play call was it went to the short side of the field. Too much traffic.

7. ncaalover12

ncaalover12 Starter

I've never liked it with Marcus running it....I'm guessing it was a speed option and he chose to keep instead of pitch? Or was it a zone read?

I'm comfortable with him running when it's there, sure. But it takes quite a bit of practice to get the option down. Especially in the NFL with how fast everyone is.

8. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

It's pretty evident he tries way too much when he takes off. Somewhere in his mind, he thinks he's still playing Pac-12 defenses and handling that ball so anyone can grab it. He needs to take the yards he can get and then slide/get out of bounds.

9. ICBW

ICBW MILF Hunter

this is the wake up game. Titans win out and go 11-5 now and win superbowl.

• LOL LOL x 2
    • High Five High Five x 1
    • Troll Troll x 1
  10. dontdraftcutler

dontdraftcutler Downing Sucks. Kelly sucks even more.

Why are the fans the only ones that see this? I sure as hell hope JRob is taking note and will address this crap.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar