Chargers game might be blacked out

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Gunny, Sep 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

lol

2. acqua7

acqua7 Pro Bowler

usually the teams can be the remaining seats at a discount, like 35 cents on the dollar, to prevent the blackout. All depends on how cheap the owner is.

3. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

You sure? From what I googled it sounds like if it's blacked out than I can't see it on NFL Sunday Ticket. Maybe I read it wrong.

4. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Ah, yep I read it wrong. I missed the "local market" part lol

5. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

You could not be any more correct about this.

San Diego is so nice.. Why the heck would anyone waste their time at a football game. We in the midwest and mid south have not much else to do. In SD, the weather is always perfect. Middle of December? Let's go to the beach, or drive down to La Jolla where only the uber-rich live and see some seals lounging around on the coast.

I'd give up watching football for a lifetime for a chance to live in that area.

6. Thefreak

Thefreak Shut Down Corner

It has more to do with the apathetic view of sports in general by Californians than the multitude of options that an individual has to do for fun out here. People aren't really diehard fans of anything out here. The only diehards are the blue collar guys and they typically don't have the disposable income to support these teams. The only die hard fans in California are in the Bay Area and Sacramento. Los Angeles/Orange County/San Diego has only fans of the fair weather variety.

The majority of Southern California would rather go surfing than to play football.

7. Titansman1

Titansman1 Time To Start Crushing!

I cant blame them, if I was a Charger fan I wouldn't want to waste my money to go see them play either...lol!

8. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

[​IMG]

• High Five High Five x 3
  9. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

The majority of Southern California would rather go surfing than to play football.

No argument that the fans are fair weather. But as to why they are is exactly the reason you mentioned. They have nice weather to go do things. In Indiana we get 105 degree heat in summers and 0 degree winters. Half the year at least you are stuck inside.

California you have ideal weather and the ocean as a backdrop year round. I have been a diehard fan of the titans for 12 years, but I can honestly say I've been bored at games. I think there's a reason why these coastal teams have crappy fans.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar