Chargers looking to trade Cromartie for RB

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Riverman, Feb 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitansBlue

TitansBlue Camp Fodder

yeah but Lendale just really never had too much value on his own anyways, even last year; and unless a player had an injury, as far as trade talks they are usually as good as their last season oftentimes

I mean in the trade scenarios we're coming up with, it's almost like he's just thrown in their because a) the Chargers are asking for a RB in return and/or b)b/c Lendale was pretty much gone after this season originally (pre-salary cap falling in) anyways

I do think that - even with the baggage - the Chargers are putting up a starter like him hoping to get full or near full time starter material in return (like to switch off how they used to with LT and sproles, not just a goal line power back)

Essentially the reality in this is more just us trading for Cromartie, and Lendale thrown in on the tale end

that said though, while he's not worth a 1st, Lendale and a 3rd doesnt equal him either - or if it does, it's just enough, but i doubt that (i do wonder though if we get a 3rd round compensation though, would Lendale and 2 3rds be equal)

2. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

You're my boy Blue! I agree with you. But still you gotta admit, it would be sweet to land a guy like Cromartie with Lendale and a 3rd. Again, I'm not saying that the Chargers would be open to that, just saying it would be a good deal for us.

3. TitansBlue

TitansBlue Camp Fodder

no believe me, i'd love to upgrade our CB position like that; it's just i dont think we can short-sell San Diego like that in a trade and they agree to it (at least not in real life; might be feasible in a video game or something)

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Bullcrap we are going to give up a third when we don't have a 2nd. If that is the asking price then i say we just get a 3rd or high 4th for lendale and look for a CB in the draft.

5. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Or we could not give up so quickly on the CB we just drafted in the 3rd round.

6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

No time for that. It's not like a WR we can sneak around with, we're talking about a CB. A position that screams "HELLO OVER THERE" to every other player on the field. If we have a weak corner as we've had the last year or two we'll get torched again and again. Especially seeing that the AFC South is a pass happy division. Even David Garrard picks on our secondary. Fisher has us in the race 3 out of 4 years and we're going into that 4th year of being competitive. I think if we wait for our 2009 rookie corners to come along we'll be starting from scratch again in 2011.

I'd like us to draft a corner IF there's no great pass rusher available, and to acquire a worthy Free-Agent CB.

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

We reached for mouton in the third because we thought he could help us as a return man.

It would be a huge risk to think we can get by with mouton and or mccourty for the whole season when they couldn't cover their own shadows last year. We need to make a commitment to get a starting caliber CB somewhere.

8. TitansBlue

TitansBlue Camp Fodder

There's not going to be any 1st round worthy corners at that pick in the draft unless the one or so above falls

That said also, as far as the 2011 talk, it should be worth note that if no new CBA is agreed on -which currently there is not - , then the 2011 season is a lockout; no football at all

9. TitansBlue

TitansBlue Camp Fodder

as a side note, aren't we expected to be getting a 3rd round compensatory pick for haynesworth?

10. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Rookie corners don't just step on the field and dominate. Drafting a corner this year, even in the first round (which will not happen), won't solve the problem.

I don't see why McCourty or Mouton shouldn't be expected to step up and become a reliable starter. I think there's a much better chance of that happening than the Titans signing or trading for some stud CB (and Cromartie is far from a stud).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar