Charles Davis has us selecting

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Daves not here, Jan 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chamgel2

chamgel2 Starter

This is a very deep draft for WRs, very good ones available in round 3 or later, and even then, it may be too early for us to take a WR. The oline is a bigger need on offense. But while you must score points, it is still all about the defense in the playoffs. If your D cannot get off the field you cannot win. Look at this years playoffs...all 4 teams left ranked in the top 6 in the NFL in scoring defense, only 1, the Packers ranked in the top 10 in scoring offense, and they were 10th. All 4 ranked in the top 10 in total yards on defense, again, only 1, the Packers ranked in the top 10 for total yards on offense.

2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Dareus isn't worth a top 10 pick. No effing way.

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I like Julio Jones with that pick better than Dareus. I would rarely say i want a WR over a meat and potatoes pick(Lineman) but i think he is the best pick there.

What about a 22 year old version of Keith Bulluck? Dantay Moch is that guy. He might be the best defensive player on the board when we pick 8th as far as coming in and improving us right away.

Like Dareus but he takes some plays off and would be option number 7-8 for me there. Prince, Jones, Moch would be the top 3 on the board for me.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

No we are terrible drafting Wrs in the mid rounds. Hankerson if he falls that far might be the only WR available to us in rd 2 that even compares with Green and Jones.

I want the best player with that pick i don't want us taking chances based on need. Like Kipers mock that has us taking Miller just because we need defense. Miller is a major risk that high and might not even be a 4-3 OLB.

5. chamgel2

chamgel2 Starter

I agree about Miller, he is not a fit in a 4-3 in my opinion. I would rather see us take a guy like Bruce Carter in round 2. And I agree about the WRs dropping off after Green or Jones, but there is talent in the mid rounds this year, Little, Young, Terrance Tolliver, etc. If AJ Green falls I agree, he's the pick. If not, then there is far too much defensive talent available for us to pass on it. Prince, Dareus, Paea all could be on the board. As much as I want a DT with the #8 pick, I would love to land Prince and take a DT in round 2 (Austin or Nevis could both be there). I should note, I would not be upset with taking Julio, and completely understand why some want him at pick 8. I just have Dareus, Prince and Paea ahead of him, though I admit I'm higher on Paea then most.

6. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

I have a feeling we will have a 53 man roster and 42 of them will be D-Lineman

7. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

I do think we take a WR in the draft, but as you all have said before, there is great value late because of the talent at WR. Our D is so weak that we've GOT to draft to make it stronger. I think if we get a quality DT, then go LB or S with our next few picks, we can take a WR late 3 early 4. However, all of that is dependant on what we do at QB.

8. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

43 if you count Nickey. His ferocious pass rush qualifies him as a virtual extra lineman imho.

9. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

The way I see it you don't draft a guy at #8 unless you feel the guy is potential pro-bowl quality. That pick is too early to make it based on need. If that guy is a WR so be it.

10. chamgel2

chamgel2 Starter

I agree..but what if there is pro-bowl quality talent at a position of need? This draft is loaded up front with impact defensive players...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar