Charlie Whitehurst Should be Backup to Mariota

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by The Hammer, Oct 25, 2015.

?
  1. Yes,

50.0%
  2. No, I want to stick with last year's sixth round pick

50.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

Worth a try because the "Put Mett in and we will win" thing didn't work:(

• High Five High Five x 2
    • LOL LOL x 1
  2. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Lol at chucky gruden, the qb genius

3. Roscoes Wetsuit

Roscoes Wetsuit Pro Bowler

Any Texas fan would tell you, that guy wasn't gonna do a damn thing in the NFL.

That guy always sucked it up against big teams in college & would get benched for the back up Major Applewhite who would then come in and light it up to bail him out.

Honestly if it wasn't for Simms pedigree, then Applewhite probably is the starter for those Texas teams.

#23 Roscoes Wetsuit, Oct 25, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2015
  4. Brew City

Brew City Case Race Champion

I have a new nickname for Mett. I hope it catches on. Metten-F*** boy.

• LOL LOL x 1
  5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Yea that's catchy

• LOL LOL x 3
    • High Five High Five x 1
    • Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  6. Titansman1

Titansman1 Time To Start Crushing!

At least CBJ is a legit backup that knows the system and can come in and do just enough to not lose the game. Mett did the opposite, he is without a doubt the reason why we lost this game.

I just hope all of the Mett ball lickers wake up and are man enough to admit that they were wrong about him. That he's not better than Mariota and in actuality might never be good enough to even be a decent NFL backup. It takes a bigger man to admit you're wrong so I doubt they will but for the integrity of this board let's all hope that they let this stupid argument die once and for all.

• Cheers Cheers x 2
    • Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  7. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

I have seen every CBJ snap I ever want to see

8. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

probably not but its a nice thought. If locker was on the roster this year he would be in a body cast by now.

9. Rwill

Rwill Pro Bowler

I think most people realize qb isn't going to matter. Mariota is our best qb and if we can't win with him (and we can't without an entire offseason to prepare) then we certainly aren't going to win with Mett or CBJ.

#29 Rwill, Oct 26, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2015
  10. Rwill

Rwill Pro Bowler

I personally think Locker had the makings of what could be a good qb. If you consider he only started like 16 total games that is one season. Basically he played his rookie season over 4 years and the progression wasn't terrible when you look at it like that. Unfortunately he would spend another 4 years just to play another 16 games.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar