Charlie Whitehurst Should be Backup to Mariota

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by The Hammer, Oct 25, 2015.

?
  1. Yes,

50.0%
  2. No, I want to stick with last year's sixth round pick

50.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

It was rough to watch man. He might make a good QB one day but not today, way too inconsistent. Let him get back on the bench and learn. CBJ may not be great but at least he can manage a game.

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I can appreciate what you're saying. I'm mostly addressing a lot of Anti-Mett Hyperbole that's going on. I think Iceturd's trolling has many folks here irrationally Anti-Mett. And he really is not a threat to Mariota.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I told you before the game too, face it Mett is trash

Funny the guy who didn't see the game is here defending Mett

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  4. Riverman

Not at all. You said an injured Mariota gives us a better chance to win than an uninjured Mett. My position was the risk/reward wasn't worth it. And now you want to trash Mett because we lost the game, after the fact. The outcome of this game doesn't change my original position. You're just bagging on Mett like others.

Mariota is a better QB than Mett. I've never posted anything to the contrary. I don't get a lot of the irrational Mett Hate. And based on your comments you've got it. Yeah we lost. Yeah Mett wasn't great. Yeah he threw a game killing pick. The other QBs on our roster have done the same.

I'm as sick of losing games as anybody else. But the only thing worse would be to lose our franchise QB to a knee injury.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. 615nick

615nick Starter

The "mett hate" doesn't exist here. Im not upset that mm didn't play and was routing for him to win (just like i do every week for any titans player). But, in reality he is a horrible option at qb. I do think mm and cbj would have both won that game (yes, even a hurt mm). He has a rocket, but that's literally it. He does nothing else well.

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 2
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
  6. Riverman

Did you think MM could have won the Bills game we lost when we threw that pick? My only point is that it's biased after the game to speculate. CBJ has not won chit here as QB either.

#46 Riverman, Oct 26, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2015
  7. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

If our backup QB has to play again this year then the season is at a loss already. I rather have Mett go out there and either play lights out so we can get a solid pick for him or he crashes and burns and we can put his NFL career to rest.

Neither of this gets accomplished with Whitehurst playing over Mett.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  8. The Hammer

Putting a guy out there to consistently fail though is pointless. We do not need to wait until the end of the year to realize last year's sixth round pick does not have it. At what point do you move on?

• Boring Boring x 1
  9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Hopefully Mariota is good to go, Im tired of pissing in the wind with mett at QB

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. The Hammer

Mett is not ready to be a backup in this league. Time to swap him with CBJ.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar