Chasing Dickerson

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by pettso, Dec 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pettso

pettso Starter

I saw an article comparing CJ's current rushing yards to the pace so I thought it'd be cool to plot the pace vs CJ's rushing per game.

Here's CJ vs Dickerson:
    [​IMG]

Here's CJ vs 2000 rushing yd season:
    [​IMG]

Looks like he's just over the pace for 2000 and just behind the pace for 2105.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. tngixxer1k

tngixxer1k Camp Fodder

I'm not sure then where the numbers came from on Sunday but I remember them having CJ ahead of ED's pace. Where did you get your numbers? Not calling you out, I think you did a great graphic, just curious

3. pettso

pettso Starter

The reason they said he was ahead of the pace is because Dickerson had a higher yard/game average in his last 5 games than he did in his first 11. So if you compare their rushing totals on week 12, CJ's is higher.

The numbers I used for Dickerson's pace is just the average yards/game to get to 2105 (just under 132/game), which is why it's a straight line. I consider that to be a better representation of the "pace."

4. pettso

pettso Starter

Here's the chart comparing their actual rushing per game, where CJ is ahead:

[​IMG]

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. AH3

AH3 Rookie

Great graphs, thanks for doing that.

6. tngixxer1k

tngixxer1k Camp Fodder

Ok. I also like to look at YPC adjusting as the season goes on. ED averaged 5.55 YPC for the season and CJ is at 6.43 right now. And through the first 11 games ED was only averaging 5.5 YPC (you mentioned he got better). ED only had two 200+ yard games and CJ already has one that is more than both of ED's. As I type this I realize I'm preaching to the choir, beating a dead horse, pick your cliche :dead:

Here's to hoping CJ keeps up his YPC and gets his touches for the rest of the season!!

7. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Want to get a little more excited? Here's the rest of the Titans' schedule.

Rushing Defenses:
    Colts - 15th
    Rams - 28th
    Fins - 12th
    Chargers - 21st
    Hawks - 18th

8. iQon

iQon Starter

Chris is still ahead of Dickerson's pace.

It's currently 1,396 to 1,323. The problem is though, Eric had the following games to finish the season

Code:
    132 yards
    191 yards
    149 yards
    215 yards
    92 yards
    That's 156ypg.

And I believe teams will continue testing Vince's arm at our expense of limiting our ground game. So if CJ doesn't keep breaking those big runs to paydirt, or if we don't get big leads that force teams into a predictable passing game (when we start forcing turnovers the most), the lead Chris has this week could deceptive and he can easily fall behind pace.

I said earlier this year, he will either break Dickerson's season record, or AP's single game record one day. But I'm not sold he'll break the season record this year without a couple 200 yard performances. I hope I'm wrong, but you guys shouldn't get your hopes up just yet.

9. tngixxer1k

tngixxer1k Camp Fodder

How ironic would it be for CJ to run up a 200+ yard game on the Rams on his way to break the record?

I'll be at the Christmas game. My gf is a little ticked but I'm taking her with me so she'll get over it

10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

C.J.'s gonna break it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar