Check Light and the future of football

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, Aug 15, 2013.

?
  1. Yes

8 vote(s)
    80.0%
  2. No

2 vote(s)
    20.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I like that too, that will always happen at the highest level of football. These players are high performance machines. wouldn't you want only the best tires on your car? you wouldn't uninstall the sensors in your car would you? To keep your car from breaking down you typically maintain it before it breaks down right.

Making equiptment better is what Im going for, not changing the rules on the field.

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

The rule that I hate the most is when you get a 15 yard flag because a DL's hand grazed the helmet of the opposing QB.

I don't mind making rules to protect the players, but I just wish there was some 'common sense' involved. Blantant hits to the head, sure throw the flag ... if it is unitentional or non-violent then the flag should stay in your pocket.

3. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

And

You are bringing up, in my opinion, two separate things. I agree about some of the ridiculous penalties.

I dont think its about helping the offense, I believe its about covering their ass. The NFL does not want this concussions thing to go to trial, they want it in arbitration. If this goes to trial, they will be probed and more and more information will come out about how they hid medical information from players, and put them in harms way, so that they could have the best product on the field.

I LOVED how our defense used to be. Hitting people so hard that they left games. Thing is, I thought they shook it off, took some asprin, and rested when it was too bad. I simply did not know about the long term effects of concussions. (this coming from someone whos main hobby, is researching anything that perks his interest throughout the day) I actually thought the same way you did until I did some research into the lawsuit, and changed my stance on it. The NFL is completely at fault and should be held liable for this concussions lawsuit thing. (that doenst mean that there are some ex players who are just out for money)

Titan43 said it well imo, because it has gone to extremes and thats what pisses people off, including me.

I don't mind making rules to protect the players, but I just wish there was some 'common sense' involved. Blantant hits to the head, sure throw the flag ... if it is unitentional or non-violent then the flag should stay in your pocket.

4. JCBRAVE

Last year those refs were phonies for half the season.

This year they got it right. The real refs are here from day-1. I wouldn't compare last year to this year.

And there's been a ton of those hits out there this preseason, and no calls. Im actually impressed with this years crews. Ive watched almost every game and they're all pretty consistent.

5. JCBRAVE

Bad example to use Griffin.

Michael Griffin doesn't play to the rules, his play sucks because he sucks.

He used to play with an attitude, now he plays like he's afraid to hurt someone, but its because thats how he's wired. He's conscious that he could injure someone and he doesn't like that.

You ever notice the great defenders enjoy inflicting pain in their opponents? Griffin doesn't have that killer instinct anymore.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Yeah eventually something like this will happen but will probably be a little while. I actually think it's a pretty good idea and don't see how it can limit the game like other rule changes Goodell has made.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I only said him because I know you have a man crush on him.

8. CalgaryTitansFan

CalgaryTitansFan Pro Bowler

I like the idea. Played football for 7 years as well as hockey, I've had a couple concussions (none from football however) and they're not fun. This isn't making hits less hard, this is letting you know when a player should come out of the game for a play or 2. I'm sure this will be built into helmets soon enough, NHL will probably see it too. Think about how many amazing athletes had their careers cut short or still deal with lingering issues due to concussions.

It's player safety and the league/teams protecting their investment.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar