Check out this mock

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by SMASHandBASH, Apr 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

What college is Sidbury from?

2. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Richmond

3. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I didn't look at it after the top 5.

4. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Huh?

Why would we take Laurantitis at 30? A lot of people don't think he can be a 3 down LB and most likely needs to play MLB because of his lack of speed? The Titans view nciekl back and MLB equally since they both play about 50% of the time. Why spend a 1st rnd pick on a guy who will only play 50% of the time IF he becomes our starter?

Sidbury's an interesting guy and it wouldn't shock me if someone took him end of rnd 1 to mid rnd 2. However, I think he's more mid 2 - early 3rd rnd kinda guy myself. He had about the fastest 40 of all DL, has long arms and BIG hands...all big pluses! He also has shown an explosive burst in games and in all star games/practices. For instance, he had 4 sacks in his final team game and dominated it. Of course, he plays for Richmond so his level of competition is questionable...but his physical skills are all there. He just needs some more pass rushing moves, more strength, and a lot more work defending against the run. But dominant (or potentially dominant) pass rushers usually go in rnd 1 or 2 if they have some flaws. The small school thing could knock him down a bit more.

Gut

5. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

I'm with you Lauranitis is your classic over achiever who excels in college and comes to the NFL and puts up average production. Think of him as a much less athletic AJ Hawk who will struggle in coverage due to his lack of pure speed and agility regardless of his int #'s in college.

I would love to see Sidbury fall to us in the second but have a hard time seeing it but I can't see MR passing on him if he's there in the second he loves his small school speed rushers.

I'm actually thinking if the top LB's and CB's are off the board at our pick I can't see us grabbing a WR other than Nicks if he's there (hopefully) so trading down could be our best move to grab another second or third round pick.

6. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

OSU linebackers suck. So even if Lauranitus is there, we should pass.

7. soopacee

soopacee I'm Blaine Bishop

who does Kiper say we are gettin?

8. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

^Why? So you know for certain who we're NOT getting? haha

Has Kiper been right on a single pick in the last 10 years?

9. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

'Tis fact, my friend.

I wonder what combination of drugs the creater of that mock took.

I have to say that the first 24 picks are accurate enough... other than Percy Harvin going so early. If the Texans take him at #15, I'll LMAO.

I must say... Mel Kiper seems like a guy who gets a wood when talking about mock drafts. I like Todd McShay more just because he doesn't come off as an arrogant douche.

10. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

Lauranitis isn't as bad as many make him out to be. His 40-time isn't great, but NFL Network pointed out that his cone drills, were fastest and most explosive of all LBs. Which translates well here in the big leagues.

I know we don't use MLB that much, but we play him there his first year then see how things play out with Keith. He can play inside and outside. I like the guy. Plus he has a lot to prove because he knows that some people have been knocking OSU LBs lately.

The other guy that I would like to see @ #30 would be Clay Matthews. Versatile as well, and has the pedigree to be a career Titan.

I just know that I want Defense in the 1st. LB/DB/DL and if not then RB or TE as a last resort.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar