Check out this mock

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by SMASHandBASH, Apr 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Laurenis had the fastest cone among all ILB and the third fastest among all LBs.

FYI the best cone time at this combine was cushing 6.84. Last year keglar ran a 6.70 cone!

Look how clay matthews ranked on speed drills

40-4th
    Cone-2nd
    Shuttle 2nd
    10 yard 1st

Matthews was timed at 10 yards 1.49! That's fast! It suggests a guy who can be a big time pass rusher from the corner.

Matthews was a full tenth faster than everette brown's 1.59 and brown had a pretty good time.

This is a 240 lb linebacker who can get bigger and stronger. We could use matthews in quite a few special packages and eventually he could start at either OLB spot especially on the strong side.

3. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I'm down for Matthews if it happens that way.

And yeah, this mock is horrible.

30. Tennessee Titans - Lawrence Sidbury, DE/OLB, Richmond
    62. Tennessee Titans - D.J. Moore, CB, Vanderbilt*
    94. Tennessee Titans - Trevor Canfield, OG/RT, Cincinnati
    130. Tennessee Titans - Brandon Gibson, WR, Washington State
    135. Tennessee Titans (comp. pick) - Khalif Mitchell, DT/DE, East Carolina
    173. Tennessee Titans (comp. pick) Jamar Chaney, OLB, Mississippi State
    203. Tennessee Titans - Anthony Scirrotto, SS, Penn State
    206. Tennessee Titans (comp. pick) - George Hypolite, DT, Colorado
    239. Tennessee Titans - Ian Johnson, RB, Boise State
    242. Tennessee Titans (comp. pick) - Steve Rehring, OG, Ohio State

Moore is a horrible pick anywhere. If we take him, it's cover 2 for sure when Harper's gone. I've never rooted for Cary Williams so much until just now.

Then, I can't see taking a guard that high...but Canfield would be a pretty darn good player (there's probably up to four Bearcats I would consider draft candidates for the Titans), but I wouldn't want him three....http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles...profile-tab-set-1:player-profile-tab-analysis

"Tall and strong, but also nimble for pass protection and in reaching linebackers at the second level. ... Plays mean, willing to destroy targets in space and keep them on the ground until the play is done. ... Gets down quickly to cut linemen, but can also get up and immediately find someone to hit. ... Sets quickly and anchors well in pass protection. Gets the shoulder of his defender to create the correct running lane. ... Hands come up into his man's jersey quickly and he can move the defender as desired. ... More than willing to help out his tackle with an outside pass rusher. ... Is versatile enough to possibly move outside.

Negatives: Not a power drive blocker, lacking the lower-body strength needed to move larger defensive tackles. ... Must improve his punch to knock tackles off their moves. ... Needs to find and lock onto defenders in the open and sustain those blocks more consistently. ... He should dominate safeties and linebackers in space. ... Does not keep his pads low enough in short-yardage situations, losing the leverage battle. ... Fails to recover quickly from overextending. ... Sometimes will get penalized when he plays with too much attitude."

Brandon Gibson...remember how you felt when we drafted Paul Williams? Like all the other good WRs had just been taken? That's when Gibson will be taken. I thought he quickly went from a third to fourth round prospect even before his pro day. I think of him more as a 5th round type, like Roydell. Gibson supposedly was on a bad team, but he hasn't looked good in workouts.

"Positives: Legitimate NFL size. Good height and has the frame to handle NFL punishment. Has the quickness, bulk and strength to fight through the jam at the line of scrimmage. At least adequate straight-line speed to challenge defenders deep. Can track the ball over either shoulder. Can sink his hips, stick his foot in the ground and explode out his breaks, creating separation against even the best of cornerbacks. Soft hands and can snatch the ball out of the air. Good body control to contort his body and make the tough catch in traffic. Courageous over the middle. Effective red-zone target. Cognizant downfield blocker. Showed good toughness last year fighting through knee and heal injuries. Three-year kick returner.

Negatives: Possesses good, not great deep speed. Demonstrates good overall athleticism, but doesn't consistently produce yards after the catch. Struggled with drops during Senior Bowl practices. Marginal elusiveness in the open field. Experienced kick returner, but not necessarily a candidate to do so at the next level. Plagued by a knee and heal injuries in 2007."

I like the Mitchell and Johnson picks. I would prefer Sidbury in two. I don't know that two OL surprises me, but picking the first one in three definitely does.

4. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

That's what I'm talking about, a playmaker who can do it all over the place. I just really want a stud like that that can come in and contribute.

5. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Same reason I hope we draft Conner Barwin somewhere.

6. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

They lost me with Cincy taking Beanie Wells with Jason Smith still on the board..

7. Tuckfro42

Tuckfro42 Frozen Donkey Wheel

What about Miami taking Pat White because he would work well in the Wildcat?:eh?:

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Yeah that was really moronic. Brown runs that better than anyone.

9. KC_Titan

KC_Titan Starter

It would make sense for the Texans because he'll be sitting on IR for a good amount of his career.

Not a bad mock draft by any means but I've seen ones that give me a little more hope.

10. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Upon further review...

I think this is a BAD mock. Everett Brown falls out of the first round because he can't be a 3 down OLB??? Perhaps this guy has not noticed that 3-4 team 'blitz' one LB nearly all the time for a 4 man rush. Usually, one of their OLB's tends to be the 'rush' guy. If you put the best pass rusher in the draft at 3-4 olb...like Shawn Merriman was put...that is a GREAT thing! Not a problem.

Ridiculous! We would never take Sidbury over Brown...at least I HOPE not. And I don't think Brown will fall out of the top 15.

And DJ morre for our 2nd pick? No thanks when Alex Mack, Shonn Green, Evander Hood, Mike Mickens, Chase Coffman, and Rashad Jennings are all available in this mock.

Gut

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar