Choose your side!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Alex1939, Mar 16, 2011.

?

Pick your side!

Poll closed Apr 15, 2011.
  1. Owners

57.4%
  2. Players

42.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

There aint no third option for "i just want to see football and compromise" and if you don't like it then GIT OUT!

So, whose side are you on? Is Adrian Peterson just a slave taking a whipping from his slave master? Or are the greedy egomaniac players just out for MO MONEY from the hard working owners and staff that have committed themselves to creating the best sports brand in the world?

Should be obvious which side I support...

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I don't care, I just want football!

3. appstater53

appstater53 Camp Fodder

neither!! they're all to blame fn money hungry bags used for dooshing

4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

The owners opted out because they didn't read the fine print and didn't realize they got screwed until it was too late, that's not the players' fault.

I also don't go to football games to watch the owners own.

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

The Rockefellers vs The Hearsts.. I'm caring less about football every day that passes.

• High Five High Five x 3
  6. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Do the owners really need even more money while players are out there risking their lives and getting hurt more than ever before?

• High Five High Five x 3
  7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

And $12 million can do what that $10 million can't in these instances?

8. Fry

You're only worth as much as someone is willing to pay. If someone is willing to pay you $2 million more than anyone else, which would you go for?

In reality the easiest and most fair thing to do would probably be to just split it down the middle, 50-50. No one is going to go to the games if the players aren't playing at a high level and no one wants to watch some makeshift football league(USFL).

9. pettso

pettso Starter

Yeah and in most cases they can either make $10MM per year in the NFL or $50k as a high school phys. ed. teacher. Or they can go to the CFL and make even less.

10. Fry

You can make that argument for anything. Hell, these owners can choose not to own sports teams and go sell insurance.

It's about compensation. The NFL makes billions of dollars off of these guys playing a violent sport. People pay to watch them play the game. People pay an arm and a leg to watch the play the game, I might add.

I'm not saying the owners are all to blame and the players are just being taken advantage of, but the players are the ones we tune in every Sunday afternoon to watch, not the owners.

Like I said in a previous post, the easiest thing to do is cut it right down the middle, 50-50.

• High Five High Five x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar